Saturday, November 26, 2011

IA Challenge

The theme this week at Inspiration Avenue is "Aged Beauty" whether it be something new made old, old people, old stories, etc. I decided to have some fun playing around with polymer clay again. I made another tile that is about 7/8" wide and just over 1" high. I used a Lisa Pavelka image of a boy & girl dancing on an ornate stage. It reminds me of a beautiful old theatre or opera house. I creased & cut the image to further age it & baked it atop white clay. After it was done I added Judikins powder resin--it was the first time I tried this product. I was pretty pleased but next time will try to smooth out the powder a bit before heating it. Anyway, without further ado:
If you have time, stop by and see all the other wonderful art created for this theme at IA!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Wow- That is really cool. I love the look of it!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, fantastic!! What are you going to do with these tiles?

she dreams big! said...

Another talent discovered! You constantly amaze me!

mentalmulch said...

Very very nice! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

priti.lisa said...

Your tiles are so pretty...each week I see another little marvel.
♥xo

Terrie said...

Very nice addition to the theme! How big is the finished piece? Is it for jewelry or to become part of a larger piece?

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Beautiful- I love the way you distressed the image and I'm really curious about that resin!

artangel said...

This is lovely - the aged effect really suits the image you chose. Gorgeous! I love the look of resin - never tried it but I keep being inspired to have a go!

Melissa said...

Stunning!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, Debbie, I know I'm late getting here. Blame it on company for nearly a week.

I confess! I have heard of Lisa Pavelka (from Carol Duvall show on HGTV). I have heard of polymer clay! In fact, I have a ton of it. But I have NEVER heard of Judikins powder resin. I had no idea that resin came in powder form. I thought you had to mix two products together. I live and learn every day! L really like this piece, along with the edged detail.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This is SO awesome, Debbie! I LOVE it!!! :)