Friday, November 18, 2011

IA Challenge "Harlequin"

The challenge this week at Inspiration Avenue is "Harlequin". Even though there are so many creative ways to approach this challenge, I stuck with the color/pattern theme of black & white diamonds. It was actually very challenging for me to come up with something for this, and I finally resorted to playing with some polymer clay. I made a little tile that I will use at a later date in another piece of art.
I still need more practice with clay, as you can see, but I did have fun and felt very challenged--which is the whole point, isn't it?

Stop by and see all the other wonderful entries at IA!

Have a very happy, creative weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Beadwright said...

Great job! You captured the theme perfectly.
Nicole/Beadwright

trisha too said...

Nicole is right, this is perfect for the theme!

:)

Melissa said...

has a very eighties feel...

New End Studio said...

Hi Debbie, the harlequin piece is eyecatching. Your color theme is very pretty.

I've been away for a bit and wanted to pop in and thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope to be back to normal soon, or some version of it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lori said...

Its perfect for your Theme! I love it. Have a begatertgreat weekend!

mentalmulch said...

Fantastic job on it! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

my friend Vonny K makes beautiful polymer clay jewellery and i am fascinated by its versatility... this is a great take on the theme xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You did a FANTASTIC job with this challenge. I truly love it. And you cut FOUR diamonds, too. Way to go!

BTW, your link goes to IA, not your blog.

priti.lisa said...

This is such an awesome tile! I love it...I think harlequin is a tough pattern and you did a perfect job!

Ayala Art said...

Debbi I love it! The polymer gives it a great chunky look, almost like a cake, can I bite it?? heheheh Is it in ACEO size?

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Funny Martha! Actually it is only 1" x 1 /2".

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, you did an amazing job! It's only 1" x 1/2"??? WOW!! It's really pretty ;o)

VonnyK said...

Love your tile, looks terrific to me. I love playing with polymer clay too, you can do so much with it.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

It's wonderful! You did a GREAT job!