Monday, November 7, 2011

Good Morning!

Or at least it would have been morning if I had scheduled this post to go up at 9 AM instead of PM!!!

Thank you for all the well wishes and comments about the craft fair. As I expected, there was not a big turnout, and in fact, there were several empty tables of vendors who could not make it. I think a lot of people were just numb (no pun intended) from being without electric and just had piles of stuff to catch up on. Despite the low number of shoppers, I only netted a few dollars less than last year when I did this show. It helped that I was the only one with holiday themed items. There was Tupperware, Mary Kay, someone with homemade jams & jellies, and a lot of jewelry vendors. As I may have mentioned, I have one more show the beginning of December and between now & then will be listing as much as I can in my Etsy shop. I have been doing shows since 1994, and I'm getting burnt out.

I had the good fortune to recently win one of Roxanne's paintings--do you know Roxanne? She has a cute blog, called Mentalmulch. The painting is one of her awesome girls and is full of detail which I hope you can see in my not so awesome photo, LOL!
All the more amazing when you realize that it is all of 1" square!!!
Roxanne has recently combined her two Etsy shops together and along with her paintings and art dolls, you can now find all of her dachshund art there, too!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

8 comments:

Flowermouse Design said...

I´m glad you sold that much!!! I´m impressed that you have so many shows - that´s a lot of work. I love your new painting - just so special!!!

Lori said...

Wow-- that painting is so tiny. Very cute. Glad you had some sales at the show.

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh, you lucky girl! I have one of Roxanne's little paintings, and it amazes me, how she does it! I think aceo's are hard, but to paint this small, I don't think so! I am happy the show went well for you. I hope things are getting back to normal in your area! You've been doing shows since 1994! Wow, good for you Debbie! That's a lot of work! No wonder you are getting burnt out!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Glad you didn't end up selling that much less than last year! I once did a wedding show that was happening during a snowstorm. I found out that sometimes having less vendors and less shoppers works to your advantage. You know the people who show up are serious.

mentalmulch said...

Awww there's my painting. So happy that you like it! I get a magnifying glass out to paint that small...only joking! Glad the show went well. Never did one, maybe one day I will. Enjoy the rest of your week!

New End Studio said...

I imagine it takes a special stamina to do the shows, hope your next one will be even better.

That's some tiny art, lot of personality in it.

I see the button! I made a couple of Buy Handcrafted ones, think I'll try a few more sometime.

Have a great week!

art2cee2 said...

Congrats on your win, very cute painting! Sorry you did not do well at the craft fair but I think it is a sign of the economy. I did one Saturday and have always done well at them, but this time not as well. I also think that whenever a craft show includes vendors like Mary Kay, they aren't as good. I am only doing one more in early December. They are fun, no matter how well you do though!

Carla Trujillo said...

The craft show circuit can wear you down. Here's to a successful art show in Dec.!
Great little piece of art work. It's amazing how small some artists can work!