Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What Inspires Me?

This week the theme at Inspiration Avenue is to think about what inspires you. I am most inspired by nature and color! I like screaming bright, vivid colors! I am inspired by the way Mother Nature paints the world, especially this time of year. I love to create French Beaded Flowers and often take my cue from what is blooming around me. During Autumn, I especially love to create bright orange lilies and the many hues of orange, red & yellow that the marigolds in my garden wear. Roses are also a favorite of mine and I create them all year long in bright shades of red, like the above, pink, yellow, purple, and even sapphire blue.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Inspiration Avenue who provides such wonderful prompts and inspiration week after week. Although I only discovered your blog a month or so ago, I already feel like I have grown as an artist--at least in my thought process. I know you can't see it, but there is a big smile on my face!

21 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Great post Debbie! I love nature too and it does inspire me a lot also! I love sapphire blue! Roses in that color would be amazing!

Magic Love Crow said...

Oh, congrats on your win at Roxanne's blog! Lucky you!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks so much Stacy! They are pretty in sapphire blue!

Melissa said...

I love the color of green for the leaves of these roses and I like the spray of baby's breath...nice touches for your work.

Deb said...

nature is very inspiring...I love all your pieces...

Lisa Criswell said...

nature is definitely inspiring! i love your beaded rose, and i bet it's gorgeous in sapphire blue.

New End Studio said...

I agree with you and nature provides so much to enjoy year round. Your piece would also be gorgeous as a brooch or hair ornament, Melissa (above) mentioned the baby's breath, and that also caught my attention. It's beautiful.

Gaby Bee said...

What an enjoyable post. I too love nature and it does repeatedly inspire me.

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Gaby

WrightStuff said...

It's so great to have you with us being so inspired - thanks for joining us.

What amazing flowers - you must need a lot of patience and nimble fingers!!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Wow- I really cannot believe you bead all that! Amazing!

kirstin mcculloch said...

Gorgeous. Nature is so inspiring, such gorgeous colours and shapes

see you there! said...

Nature gives us many opportunities for inspiration doesn't it? Your beaded flower is amazing.

Darla

Tracey Fletcher King said...

Your beaded flowers are pretty amazing... and for me it is always sapphire blue... love anything in the blues... but these are pretty amazing xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love those beaded flowers, Debbie. They are so beautiful and very detailed. I can only imagine the amount of time it takes to make even one rose.

And I'm also glad you joined the IA challenge entries each week, because I so enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you are up to.

Jo Murray said...

Your work is gorgeous Debbie.... clever you

Terrie said...

I agree that nature is infinitely inspiring! Flowers, weather, rolling hills or rocky crags, crashing ocean or burbling brook - I love it all!

Thanks for the visit to see my inspiration....

Lesley said...

These beaded flowers are so beautiful. I am loving seeing what inspires people.

priti.lisa said...

Now this is a new art...beaded flowers! How intricate and delicate and vibrant! Very pretty! ♥

Hettienne said...

Such creativity! your flowers are beautiful - wish i could touch them. Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Avenue - such fun to be having this blog party!

artangel said...

Glorious roses - they must take aaaages to create! And I can see how those colours inspire you - stunning!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh my goodness! what beautiful roses!!! That color is so wonderful, Debbie. :)