Friday, October 28, 2011

IA Challenge-Masquerade Ball!

The first thing I thought of with this word prompt from Inspiration Avenue was the song "Masquerade!" from Phantom of The Opera! I love that song and it always sticks in my brain! However, that is not what inspired me to create my piece this week.

I started thinking about what else masquerade could mean beyond masks, costumes, and such, even though the challenge was masquerade Ball. My thoughts went to the animal kingdom and all the animals that mask themselves. One of the most brilliant is the Chameleon; my inspiration for this ACEO.
Thank you, Shelinwa, for a fun challenge! Stop by and see the other entries here.

Have a fun creative weekend everyone! Just a few more days of free shipping in my Etsy shop. Since Monday is Halloween I'm adding a little bonus...Everything in my Halloween/Autumn section will be an additional 20% off on top of free shipping until midnight Oct. 31. Use code BLOG20 at check out or convo for a reserved listing. There are a few surprises in there as well! Happy Shopping!

15 comments:

NatashaMay said...

An interesting interpratation of the theme. I'd never think of a chameleon for a masquerade ball. :) Lovely!

Knot By Gran'ma said...

I like where you went with the idea of masquerade. Very nice!

mentalmulch said...

Love it and very clever thinking! Have a fantastic weekend. :)

Marie S said...

I love the Chameleon!
Such a quick change artist.
Happy Halloween my friend!!
Have a great weekend.

see you there! said...

Great piece and clever you for going in a different direction with the challenge.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, you are so creative!! Excellent aceo! I am still catching up, sorry!

New End Studio said...

Great idea, that green feels good after the frost and fog this morning. I like his "mask."

I also did an animal piece for this week's theme.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Your chameleon is so cute! What a truly clever idea!!! :) I love that you thought outside the box! Happy Halloween weekend to you and yours.

Melissa said...

Wonderful interpretation of the theme - definitely outside of the box...q

IrelandBrady said...

I like your masquerade concept and creation. Very clever!

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

nice interpretation... i never would have thought of that... but now you have shown it , it makes perfect sense !!!

Terrie said...

There goes that creative brain, working overtime again! I understand your thought process, but I never would have thought of that interpretation! It's so fun and unexpected and a nice change from all the masks!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

What a clever take on the theme- I LOVE this idea!

gemma said...

Chameleon's are often in disguise. Good take on the theme.
:-)

Lutka And Co. said...

Wow, you are multi-talented! Nice chameleon!