Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Friday!

This week has just flown by! Maybe it was the because of the holiday, but I feel like I lost a day somewhere in there. A few good things happened, not really of much interest but I will tell you anyway...

Our Electrician is installing our transfer switch box for the generator so we should not have the problem of no sump pumps again. In the process, he found our regular breaker box was a dangerous one known to cause fires because the breakers don't trip when they are supposed to--he's changing that too. See, I told you...not all that interesting.

But this is...Last year, our daughter's college solicited recipes for a cook book they put out and distribute to parents on Family Weekend. I sent in one of our favorites and guess what! My recipe is being featured in one of the dining halls for dinner! Whoo Hoo! Of course, we are going to go even though she was just home and we had planned to wait until later in the month and go for her birthday. I dont' get that many Whoo Hoo published moments!

Have a happy creative weekend! Don't forget to enter my All Hallow's Grim Giveaway one post down and visit my Etsy shop for free shipping!

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a really EVENTFUL week to me. As for the fear challenge, I would have used the fear of fire in the switch box and taken a photo of the electrician as he worked (grin).

I almost forgot your blog party, too. I had planned to return yesterday, then I forgot. I'm off to check out your "GRIM" post.

New End Studio said...

Congrats on the recipe being chosen and served! Will you share it after the Weekend? Glad you got your breakers and sump pump situation resolved, one less worry and burden in a storm.

Lori said...

Awesome WooHoo!! And you are right it was a short Week-- Glad they caught that breaker box--that could have been BAD!!!

Lisa Criswell said...

it's a good thing they discovered the electrical problem and are fixing it. you never know when electrical fires are going to start, and now you'll be safe! and what a very fun woohoo! i would like to hear about your recipe. i don't saw if you saw my latest post on my new blog or not, but i was asking for new tried and true recipe ideas for my family.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats, Debbie!!!! That is just awesome. :) How amazing that will be that your dish is going to be featured for dinner at your daughter's school. She must be very proud of her mama. :) I will be keeping my fingers crossed on your giveaway...I am so in love with that brooch! Happy weekend to you!!! :)

Knock Knock Street said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for stopping by my new blog. Isn't that nice that your recipe will be featured at your daughters school! She will be so proud of her mom when they make it!
Mary

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, so happy for you! I am doing my dance ;o) Wiggle, wiggle ;o) Yeh!!!! (good thing you had the electrician come in!)

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a crazy busy sort of week. Congrats on your recipe being selected.

Deb said...

sorry about the electrical problems...the joys of home ownership...congrats on your recipe being picked that is just awesome...