Wednesday, August 24, 2011

There's a Nip in the Air!

As the weather begins to change to warm days and cooler nights, my thoughts start turning towards all things Autumn. The flowers, apples, pumpkins, warm tones of yellow and orange, brightly colored leaves, shedding trees...well, I could go on with lots more, but I think you get the idea. My thoughts are starting to turn to Halloween and hopefully getting some stock in my shop before it is too late. What do you think of my primitive witch? She is on the same style as the angels/tree toppers that I made last year and had a lot of success with.
Unfortunately, this time of year also signals my daughter's return to college. I think this year will be better, at least I hope I won't start crying when we leave the first time.

Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Melissa said...

I love her 'puff' pumpkin sleeves.

I am glad I have a few years to go before my girls go to college.

art2cee2 said...

Very cute! I am looking forward to my favorite seasons! :-)

Talking Horses Arts said...

Yep moose its getting nippy here too. Tho during the day it still gets pretty warm. Love this creation, the curls on the dress ...awesome.
Sending you strength for the return to college day.Hey who cares we can cry.. we are moms and they have every right to cry when our "Babies" leave the nest. Weather its the first time or not. ;)
Big hug,
Andrea.

Magic Love Crow said...

Oh, I love your witch Debbie! Great job!!! Even if you shed a little tear with your daughter, you will be alright ;o) Hugs ;o)

Kristen said...

I have one of those!!!! I made her way back and I still take her out every Halloween. She is gorgeous!

I will be thinking of you when you send her off. It has been hard missing mine.

Hugs

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

oh lordy debbie. i'm so envious. it's still 110 here today. i can only dream of cooler days. i've still got a few years to go before mine are college age. i'm trying to enjoy every minute of their childhood while i still can.

Deb said...

love it....hope your daughters trip back to school is good...

Beadwright said...

This is a very lovely witch. I use to make "no face" dolls years ago. It alows us all to imagine the expression and features. The clothes are fantastic!!
Nicole/Beadwright

mentalmulch said...

Your witch is really nice! I'm so looking forward to Autumn and Halloween, my favorite time of the year. Hang in there when your daughter goes off to college, you can do it. :)

Gaby Bee said...

This little witch is enchanting!

Hope your day is going great!
Gaby xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think your witch-y doll is adorable. Her hat and hair are wonderful, and her dress really fits the bill. Let's hope your daughter's return to college isn't as traumatic as the rest of the events you've had to put up with this week.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

She is just awesome!!!! You did a fantastic job!!! :)

angelself said...

Its still hot as H-E-double toothpicks in Florida, but I'm starting to think about Halloween, too. Your little witch is really cute. Great job! =) luvkat