Friday, July 22, 2011

Splish, Splash!

I made myself two promises: 1)That I would stay off the computer until the bathroom was done and 2)That the bathroom would be done by the end of the week. Well, except for a few finishing touching--curtains, etc. I am happy to report that we are finished, finito, terminado, fini! Yay! The walls are painted with 2 coats of gray mildew resistant paint, the floor is regrouted with gray grout, the tub is caulked & as a matter of fact has one shower under its belt! I couldn't be happier. Now if only my hands and fingers and knee would stop hurting so I can get back to crafting! Here are a couple of photos--sorry they are not better, but it is a tiny bath and these were the best shots I could get.

In other news...those of you who are long time readers of my blog know that I have been attending oil painting classes taught by a Dutch man of 87. Albert & his wife, Mariante (she's 89) are incredible for their ages and have become friends over the last 5 or so years. Albert recently suffered a mild stroke and is now in rehab. I hope he improves enough to go home--this couple is more like one person.

Have a wonderful, creative weekend!

12 comments:

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

yea! good job on the bath! now you can get back to making pretties of the crafty kind. i hope albert gets well soon. it's so hard at their age when one isn't doing well. i totally understand what you mean when you say they are like one person. my best wishes to them!

Lori said...

Hope Albert gets to go home to his Wife soon. The bathroom looks Great- Bet you are glad its done..Back to the crafting!

Regina said...

Debbie...awesome job on the bathroom and congrats on your restraint to sticking to your promise of "getting it done" ^_^

Thoughts and prayers for Albert and his sweet wife.

Hugs

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh, so happy for you!! The bathroom looks fantastic!!!
I am so sorry for Albert! Sending prayers his way!!! ;o)

mentalmulch said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful! Albert and his wife are in my thoughts.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks Stacy & Roxanne. It feels good to be finished! I know Albert & his wife will appreciate you good vibes!

Deb said...

congratulations on the big finish...have a great weekend...

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Hurray for your finished bath! Looks so shiny and nice. I'll bet you are most relieved! So sorry to hear about Albert - I hope he can fully recover.

Leontien said...

Well if you want to make a good impression and say something Dutch to your teachers just let me know!!! I can tell you all kinds of Dutch things!

Glad to be you 110 follower and
Groetjes
Leontien!

Sunshineshelle said...

The bathroom is wonderful, mine is in need of a MEGA clean! Hope you friends are reunited in good health soon, they sound like a very sweet (& talented) pair :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Leontien for your kind offer and for becoming a follower!

Shelle, Thanks for the sweet thoughts. I hope it turns out well for them, too.

art2cee2 said...

Your beading work always amazes me! Love this.