Monday, July 25, 2011

Seahorses...the perfect fish?

I think seahorses are about the most perfect creature there is. They mate for life and the male bears their young--how could it get any better than that! They come in many colors--I've taken the liberty of designing my own here in pink and green as a tribute of sorts to the male/female role they play. They are cute but not overly strong swimmers. The little fin on their back propels them by swaying back and forth many times per second. The cute fin on the back of the head steers them where they want to go. There are over 30 species of seahorses.

This unique seahorse sun catcher will be available in my Etsy Shop tonight!

8 comments:

Gifts of Creation said...

THis is really gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Beadwright said...

I agree I have always had a fondness for the seahorse. This one is awesome!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, I love this! You did a fantastic job my friend ;o) And, I love seahorses too! What a beautiful creature!

Flowermouse Design said...

Debbie this seahorse is so lovely. I believe we are both into seahorses at the moment. I´ve made 3 lately - and I just love them!!!! You are so talented - this one is amazing!!

Lutka And Co. said...

I love the colors you chose - very nice!

Sunshineshelle said...

I LOVE seahorses too, sort of like a unicorn, they seem like a magical creature that is only a myth, but they are so beautiful & so real, love the fact they mate for life too :)

Lori said...

LOL I know I sw this on Facebook and commented but-- It is Really pretty--I think this is one of my favorites.

Kristen said...

I so love seahorses and manatees. They are so unusual they are cute!