Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday...Already?!!!

I cannot believe a whole week has gone by since I last posted. As all my US readers know Monday, July 4th, was a holiday. I started the day out by putting what I hope is the last coat of drywall mud on the bath sheet rock walls. Mid-morning we got a call from some friends inviting us over for a barbeque so that took care of the rest of that day.

Tuesday we spent much of the day food shopping with our daughter who was scheduled to have all four of her wisdom teeth out the next day, Wednesday. All went well with the surgery except that one of her teeth was a "double" so she actually had 5 wisdom teeth extracted. Since then, I have been taking care of my baby who is being very stoic about the whole thing, despite looking like a chipmunk and not being able to open her mouth much. Bring on the banana milkshakes, mashed potatoes, pudding & jello! She has to know how much I love her because I despise Jello--can't stand to eat or look at it. I don't like the wiggle!

Yesterday was spent trying to install the new Dining Room AC unit that we bought several weeks ago. We are having a run of very hot, humid weather and really need it!

Today is still up for grabs. It's hot, humid and hard to get started on anything. The cucumbers are doing great--I'll have some photos next week. In the meantime, hope you all have a happy, creative weekend!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Oh--I still remember having my wisdom teeth out. Sounds like she is in good hands and getting lots of comfort foods--soft thou they may be!
Sounds like you are having a pretty busy summer! Its going by too fast!
Hugz
lori

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie ;o) Great to hear from you ;o) This week has flown by for me too! I keep thinking, summer is almost over! Your poor daughter!! She must be in pain! 5! Wow! You are too funny, you don't like the wiggle! LOL! We are suppose to get a major heat wave next week! Glad the cucumbers are doing well ;o) Yummy! Have a great weekend ;o)

art2cee2 said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! my so was just told he needs to have his wisdom teeth the end of the month...I still have mine though!!

Ayala Art said...

Oh my goodness I got tired just to read it hehehe I hope you are all done by now and take a brake.
Poor baby, had 5?? I hope she is all better! I have to do that soon too, for my son :o/ Not fun huh?

Melissa said...

Doesn't sound like the best week ever.

Kristen said...

I didn't ever grow wisdom teeth (see that's info you needed) LOL
Watch it wiggle, see it jiggle...yeah it kinda scares me a bit too! LOL Kisses to your baby!