Tuesday, June 28, 2011

You won't Believe This One!

One morning last week, my husband hears this loud bump and then bouncing sound on the roof. He looked out, and unbelievably...this is what he saw:
Yup, your eyes are not deceiving you--it is a meat bone! I do not want to know what was flying overhead & dropped this. We do have these very large birds that look like Turkey Buzzards,
but I did not think that was a species that was found in New York. I'm guessing they are some type of hawk--at least they are the only bird large enough to carry a bone I would think.

Life is getting in the way of art right now. Yesterday was spent putting in the new air conditioner our bedroom and working on the drain in the tub. Houston, we have a problem! A small leak which I hope we can fix today and then start on the sheet rock. I hope by the end of the week to have some art to show. Hope you are all having a good week so far!

12 comments:

Regina said...

WOW...I can't believe that it dropped it. Must have been finished with it *nom nom* LOL We have some very large hawks here but so far no bone droppings. ^_^

Hope you get all of your projects finished so you can get back to your REAL projects.

Hugs

mentalmulch said...

Oh my goodness.... that bone on your roof is crazy!! Totally understand how life can get in the way. Hope things work out for you.

Lori said...

Hee Hee-- better the roof then someones head..I'll bet that would have been a sight to see thou..Do you have crows or ravens?--they steal bones out of our dogs dish all the time..

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

bones landing on your house...kinda creepy. lol good luck with all the home repairs and i hope to see something creative soon...or just a post to say hi is good too. ;)

Beadwright said...

The photo of the bird you have posted is a Turkey Vulture or buzzard and it can very much carry off large pieces of animals for foot. If you have them in your area then I would say that is the culprut. We have then here in OR. If you ever get a chance to see one up close they have the most amazing feathers. However, they are not good birds to harvest from.
Actually I find the story very coo.
Nicole/Beadwright

Melissa said...

That is awfully strange...

Purple Pony Art said...

What a crazy thing to have happen! I'm glad your husband thought to take a look.

Good luck getting that AC installed...wishing we had it now. It seems like not that long ago when it was too cold!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, that is crazy and kind of funny! I take everything for signs and I wonder what that could mean? Maybe someone is telling you to relax and go out for dinner ;o) LOL! I hope all the work around the house gets done soon ;o) I can't wait to see the new art! Oh, and thanks for telling me about your mom ;o) What a special day June 28th is ;o)))

art2cee2 said...

I've often said that life can drop strange things your way. This is a literal translation of that! Now, if something drops a much bigger bone maybe you'd better hide! LOL :-)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Hide your small dogs.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Wow - that IS unusual!!! Of all the things to drop on the roof. LOL I hear you about life getting in the way of creating - I am hoping things settle down a little more so I can finish up some treats! Enjoy the 4th with your family!!! :)

Kristen said...

They are Turkey Vultures! We have them here too! They are so cool to watch although I think it would be a little gross to have a meat bone fall on the roof but so much better than your head! LOL My sweet hubby won't touch plumbing for that very reason!