Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tales of Morning Glories & Bath Tubs

Well, here are the Morning Glories! It really is amazing that I've gotten anything done lately. Besides the events of last week, we are still in the middle of The Great Bath Tub Replacement Caper...

Let me tell you that it is much easier to install a tub when you are building than to replace one. The tub is standard 5 feet long, but because it sits in between two walls, kinda like an alcove, it was almost impossible to get in. Oh, to get the old one out...my hubby fired up his jigsaw & cut it into pieces! Each time we tried to fit the new tub in place we found we had to remove more sheet rock, more tiles, pieces of wood that were in the wall, etc. We even removed the toilet & sink/cabinet before we started to give ourselves more room. It seems like forever since we started this. Oh, in case you are wondering, we have 2 more baths--one with a useable shower. Said shower is where I store my beads & other craft items, and I neglected to realize that much of the grout was missing or fell out near the bottom of the stall. Need I tell you that it started leaking into the basement closet? I spent an entire day re-grouting it, and now it is fine. So we are now back to the present day where we finally (FINALLY) got the tub in place & set it in the mortar mix to set. It's level & that baby's not going anywhere! Next job: Hooking up the drain.

The next "learning experience" will be the sheet rock which neither of us has done before either. The good thing is that it will be invisible behind the wall kit we will install later.

By now, you probably know more than you would like to about installing tubs, but I warn you there is more to come, LOL! Tomorrow will be a day off while we take my Dad to another appointment to see if glasses may help him. I am not overly optimistic.

I'll show you the cuff on Friday--just about finished!

12 comments:

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

the morning glories are so pretty! sounds like a real nightmare with the tub. yikes! times like that is when i'm glad i'm renting for right now. we've got some plumbing issues here, but nothing like having to replace a tub. good luck with the sheet rock. i hope things go well with your dad.

art2cee2 said...

the morning glories are awesome! Sorry about your troubles replacing a tub. It always work like that when you are replacing things in an existing building... a giant kettle of worms! :-)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I can't wait to see the update!

Lori said...

OH yea-- Been there with the whole Tub thing-- It turned into a complete bathroom remodel at our house..LOL The flowers are gorgeous.

Magic Love Crow said...

The morning glories are beautiful Deb ;o) I'm sorry about the tub! But, when I was reading what you wrote, I could see a smile on your face ;o) Everything will be great! How come it's so much easier to take everything out, rather than putting it back together? LOL! Can't wait to see the cuff ;o) Hope dad is ok ;o)

Lutka And Co. said...

What lovely morning glories!

Deb said...

beautiful morning glories....good luck with the tub replacement...

Beadwright said...

I wish I lived close to you. I have remodled more houses than I dare say. Sheet rock is a breeze. Taping an art. You can do it!!
Love the summery flowers.
Nicole/Beadwright

angelself said...

So pretty, Debbie. I just love them =) Kathryn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

These morning glories are SO lovely! They are one of my favorites. :) I love the pastel palette you used. Tubs are a real pain - I remember when my hubby did it a few years back. He was so relieved when it was finished!

Melissa said...

So bright and happy...home improvements - ugh...you have my sympathy...

Kristen said...

It has been way too long for me to have visited but I am catching up today and it looks like it will give me a much needed boost!