Friday, June 3, 2011

Random photos today

It was a short week with Monday being a US holiday and Wednesday I was occupied all day with taking my Dad to his appointment, so I don't have any beaded flowers to share. I will share this photo of our blooming peonies. I wish the computer had smellovision--the scent when we walk out the back door is intoxicating beautiful!
These peonies were already planted when we moved here--they are over 20 years old and continue to spread & make more blooms every year. The white ones are huge with a touch of pink in their petals and the others are the brightest pink! I wish they lasted all summer, but alas, the next rainstorm will knock off the flowers.

This is my latest oil painting. I really enjoy taking these classes "just for me". Several of the paintings I have adapted to ACEO size. That's baseball card size or 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" for anyone not familiar with an ACEO. I think this sunflower may find itself on an ACEO soon.
I hope you all had a wonderful week. I hope to be back with some beaded flowers and a new cuff next week. My Dad has another appointment on Wednesday so I'll do my best.

Have a wonderful, creative weekend!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Peonies are great - if you get them planted at the right depth they seem to live forever.

I rather think of them as a cemetery flower because in Kansas where I grew up, people planted them around the tombstones and they would spread until massive bushes of peonies covered the stones - they always bloomed right around Memorial Day.

I like your sunflower!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks Melissa! That is interesting about them being planted in cemeteries! What a beautiful tribute.

art2cee2 said...

Your peonies are beautiful and the sunflower, just awesome! :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie ;o) I love peonies, but you are right, I wish they lasted longer too! You are doing wonderful with your paintings! The sunflower is gorgeous! All the best with your dad ;o) Can't wait to see some "black beaded flowers, or a black beaded cuff" ;o) Have a wonderful day!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Crystal! The sunflower was fun to paint.

Thanks Stacy! I really do enjoy the oil painting & I can see some improvement from when I first started.

Sunshineshelle said...

Love the sunflower, it's dripping sunshine and the sky is just a gorgeous tumble of blues, great Deb! Looks like you have some more inspiration lined up with your peonies, beautiful!

Deb said...

your flowers are so pretty...I love the painting..

Mumsy and Company said...

I love peonies and yours are gorgeous. Very nice painting. Have a great weekend. Hugs

Lori said...

Hi Deb! Your peonies are beautiful. I left behind beds and beds of them at my old house. Another thing I should have grabbed a bit of before we moved..LOL Love that painting. Very Rich colors.
Lori

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I love your peonies AND your sunflower! I just adore all the lovely blossoms this time of year! So inspiring!

Debbie Shirley said...

The peonies are beautiful!! Wish I had some in my yard.

Great job on the sunflower! Looks great!

Lutka And Co. said...

Just beautiful! Your peonies and your painting!