Monday, June 20, 2011

Garden Update

Do you see the little green shoots in this photo? I hope so...they are my cactus seeds that have started to grow! They remain very fragile and tender, and I hope I can nurse and coax them along so at least a few survive!
After just a few short weeks, lots of rain and some really hot weather, my cucumber plants have taken off! I did not lose any of them yet!
I can't believe they already have a few flowers. I am not getting too excited because I am not sure if all flowers turn into cukes--we'll see.
I have another busy week ahead, but I am just about finished with another cuff and some more morning glories--I'll post them later in the week. So what have you all been working on/doing?

10 comments:

art2cee2 said...

Good for you! My garden failed before it stated this year. The seeds I planted in early spring molded and died...:-(

Kristen said...

I have lettuce and peas already. I tried cukes but the darn chipmunks ate the seedlings 3 times!
Sending Hugs

Regina said...

Beautiful garden Debbie!! You seem to have the green thumb...I'm jealous!!!

HUGS

Faerie Moon Creations said...

The garden is looking good! We've had groundhog troubles - so we pretty much barracaded the garden this weekend to try and keep them out. They've been munching on everything in sight!

Magic Love Crow said...

Garden is looking great Debbie! I see the green shoots in your cactus picture! Yeh! I love cucumbers! I like having cucumber salads! Yummy! Can't wait to see the new cuff ;o) Big hugs! I'm going into the garden soon!

Cats, Chancy, Mumsy said...

Your cucumber plants look very healthy. You will be eating cukes before you know it. Hugs

Melissa said...

My vegetable garden is seriously behind - we will see what I get from it this year.

Beadwright said...

Ohhh how fun to see your garden grow!!! It looks great.
Nicole/Beadwright

Deb said...

that is so cool....looks like your plants are doing well..

Lori said...

Wow- Cactus huh? You think you live in the desert? or is the heat just making it feel that way? LOL. Your garden is so nice. Mine will never get that far this year--It has just been to cold here. You'll be eating cucumber sandwiches in no time!!