Friday, June 24, 2011

Black Flower Cuff

You may have heard me speak of "happy accidents"...well, this cuff falls into that category. I began making a black french beaded flower with some really cool metallic looking seed beads to which I added a vintage flat glass bead surrounded by opaque black seed beads. I intended to keep with the style of my previous cuffs-3 flowers. Unfortunately, I worked on most of this last week when I wasn't at my best and when I went to bead the border found that it was not centered. :(

Now I really glued that Nicole's Beadbacking onto the metal cuff blank so there was no way I was going to be able to take it apart & realign it--so I thought and thought and a way to add it on top was born! I used a small piece of matching beadbacking to glue it onto the blank. Here is the finished cuff:
So what about the happy part of the accident? Well, the same technique spawned a matching brooch! :)
The "patch" is not noticeable at all under the flower, but I still know it is there. What I have decided to do is list it on Etsy with full disclosure and offer it with the brooch as a free gift. If any of my blog readers would like to purchase it, I will go one step further & offer free shipping. Just visit my Etsy shop, purchase & use the code "Blogfree" and the shipping charges will be adjusted automatically.

13 comments:

art2cee2 said...

Your beaded works so gorgeous! I can't imagine how long it must take you to create a piece such as this. Centered, schmentered...its still gorgeous! :-)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much Crystal! LOL, it is perfectly centered now.

Beadwright said...

Ohhhhhhh I love love love this soooo much. Of course I am very happy that you use my Nicole's BeadBacking. You have created a master piece here. This is a special piece. I am going to blog about it myself.
Happy day to you
Nicole/Beadwright

Lori said...

Beautiful Work Deb. I think this is one of my favorites of your so far!

Regina said...

Ohhh Deb..it looks awesome. Your work is always lovely but I do believe this one is my favorite!!!

HUGS

Melissa said...

It looks great...I wouldn't know it but I understand that you do and I admire your honesty!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, AMAZING!!!! Truly AMAZING!!!! You did a fantastic job my friend! As they say, there are no accidents! ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

Deb, AMAZING!!!! Truly AMAZING!!!! You did a fantastic job my friend! As they say, there are no accidents! ;o)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

What a beautiful accident! LOL Looks beautiful - it's great when you can think of a creative way to solve a problem and the end result is awesome. :) Happy weekend!

Flowermouse Design said...

Debbie, this is amazing work!!! It´s so extraordinary!!!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much everyone--I sincerely appreciate all your comments and visits!

Lutka And Co. said...

I love black, and "happenstance" :-)

Kristen said...

OMG!!!! What a gorgeous happy accident! If only I could have that one it would bring inspiration that all things can be worked into gorgeousness!