Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Almost a Miracle!

Two days into the pills and believe it or not, the itching is nearly gone! I just seem to need the prescription cream at night. I still look awful, but I feel much better.

Thank you all for your sympathy and well wishes! I hate to whine, but never having been allergic to this before, it really hit me bad. Lone, I think I may move to Norway so I don't ever have to have this again! Stacy, stay far away if you see any, LOL! A neighbor told us of a spray call "Round-up" that he says kills this plant to the roots--I'm sure it will be on my shopping list the next time I am out.

Thanks, too, for the kind comments on my orange lilies. By tomorrow or Friday the latest, I should have a new cuff bracelet to show off--the second one has already sold so I may be onto something here.

6 comments:

art2cee2 said...

I feel for you! I had just a touch of poison ivy on my wrist and it itched for a week. I was never allergic to poison ivy before but I know that you can develop allergies anytime. I also know, NEVER. ever burn the stuff because the smoke can really get you. I guess we just need to live by the old saying..."leaves of three, let them be." Glad you are feeling better. Hope you can still work on your gorgeous bead creations! :-)

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

glad to hear you are feeling better and congrats on another sale!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh Debbie! So happy you are feeling better! And, I will for sure stay away from them!! LOL ;o) Congrats on the sale of the cuff ;o) Have a wonderful day!

she dreams big! said...

I didn't know that you had to be allergic to poison ivy to get the itchies! I thought you touched it - you got it! Now, what were you doing in the woods to find that stuff anyway? But glad that you finally have some relief!

Marie S said...

I am so glad that you are on the other side of the poison ivy thing.
It must be awful.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Poor you! I hope you are feeling much better now. :) Big hugs. My father only has to LOOK at poison ivy to be susceptible to it. I exaggerate just a wee bit, but he is highly allergic to it. I try to steer clear as I don't want to find out how allergic to it I am.