Friday, May 27, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I've always loved to garden but in the past dozen or so years have not done much for various reasons...We had too much shade in the backyard and the plants just didn't grow fast enough. We've taken some wonderful vacations that I've blogged about in the past...and you just can't plant and be gone for 2-3 weeks. Things are a bit different this year as we are not planning a marathon vacation (maybe none at all this year), and several years ago we had to remove two diseased trees and now have a lot of sun. So I started some cucumber seeds a month or so ago and have just planted them in the ground. Gosh, turns out to be about 12 feet of cucumber plants! If they all take and produce, I'll be looking for some good recipes, LOL!
The first of our two Azalea bushes has finally flowered--If you follow my blog, then you know I adore this color!
These are a custom order that I completed during the week. They are on their way to South Carolina!
Last but not least...I taught myself a new bead stitch: flat spiral. I consider this a "practice" piece so didn't use my crystal bicones but rather some beads I had in my stash. I'm happy with the way it drapes--feels really good on.

Coming up...a new french beaded cuff bracelet--I'll keep you in suspense about what kind of flower this one will have on it. Until then, have a happy creative weekend; and if you are in the US, Happy Memorial Day--say a prayer for all those who lost their lives for our country. Remember their families, too.

10 comments:

Beadwright said...

Beautiful Beautiful and Beautiful. LOL Gardening a thorn in my side. I love seeing gardens just can't get into growing them. Good luck in the cucs.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kokopelli said...

The garden grows great over here. Tomatoes and lettuce are already planted and the pumpkins and cucumbers will follow.
Your azaleas look so beautiful!!!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Happy gardening Debbie ;o) I find with gardening, you have to have fun with it! Don't stress! And, talk to your plants! They are living ;o) I love the special order, very pretty! And the new bracelet! Wow! Great Debbie! I can't wait to see the new cuff bracelet! Have a great long weekend ;o) Take Care!

Sunshineshelle said...

WOW those beaded flowers & bracelet are STUNNING! I guess you didn't have to look to far for inspiration, you have some lovely flowers in your yard! We sort of let ours go a bit wild, but have a couple of areas we grow a few veggies in the rest is taken up with native bushes, trees (great for our feathered friends) bamboo (clumping black) golden cane, paw paw, a mango tree, a few hibiscus, assorted herbs & weeds :) mmm maybe we need to do some work too ;)

Deb said...

have a great memorial day weekend...love the new bead work

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Our azaleas are finished and the rhododendrons are up now. Love your custom work and the new cuff you created. Hope you've been enjoying this holiday weekend!

Lutka And Co. said...

Cucumbers are great for pickling :-) Your azaleas are beautiful! I planted mine in full sun, and they are not thriving here in the desert heat. Love your new bracelet!

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky recipient of the Poinsettias. They are absolutely perfect -- just like all of Debbie's creations!!!

Marie S said...

Get out the canning jars. LOL!
I love what you have been making.
I hope you had a great Memorial weekend!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh boy do you have a lovely green thumb. Come to my desert. :)