Monday, May 23, 2011

A Blog Award

The Versatile Blogger Award was bestowed on me by the lovely Stacy of MagicLoveCrow. Since there are no rules attached, I will follow Stacy's lead and tell you 3 things about myself.

1)I had a dream when I was a child that my mother told me that I was adopted. It was so real that I believed it for many years despite my parents trying to convince me it was only a dream. My Mom finally gave me the newspaper announcement of my birth which I laminated and carry to this day in my wallet.

2)I was born under the sun sign, Libra. I am a peacemaker, a romantic, love reading books (as opposed to audiobooks or kindle, etc) but am sometimes horribly indecisive.

3)My favorite houseplants are Cacti! I just bought some seeds and am going to try growing them myself. I have one that I did grow from a seed many years ago.

As is my usual custom, I will invite anyone who wants to play along. Leave a post comment so I can visit you too! Thanks Stacy!

7 comments:

art2cee2 said...

Congratulations! You deserve many awards! I was born under the sign of Libra too, but recently my cousin informed me that they changed the astrological signs and that I was now a Virgo...ok, whatever, I'll stay a Libra thank you very much. :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Debbie, so interesting! The dream you had about being adopted and you still carry the announcement in your wallet today. Do you believe in past lives? I wonder if something happened to you, and that's why you felt this way? Thanks for sharing this! I love reading books too! I have never read on kindles or listened to audiobooks. Libra, lion, right? Cacti from seeds! Good luck! ;o) Have a great week my friend ;o) Great learning more about you ;o)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Well, no, I don't believe in past lives. The dream was very vivid though--my Mom was fixing my hair out on our back porch as she often did and "said" it to me clear as day.

Libra is the scales, the balance. Leo is the lion :)

Beadwright said...

Nice to know these things. But can you actually grow cacti in NY? LOL
Have a great week
Nicole/Beadwright

Deborah said...

Hi Debbie..interesting story about the adoption...I have a story about that too...I had an aunt who told me I was adopted and backed it up by saying there were no baby pictures of me (and there wasn't) then she said I didn't look like anyone (I was so young that I thought I didn't) and then topped it off by saying my father was disapponted because he wanted my mother to adopt a boy! Mean right?! Up until a year before my Mom passed...you got it...I still asked her if I was adopted!

Kristen said...

Past or present you are the Bomb Baby!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats on the award!!! :) Very well deserved. I'm a Libra, too. My scales are never balanced...in any respect. LOL Thanks for sharing a tidbit or two about you! Theresa