Monday, March 14, 2011

We had a nice trip to Massachusetts on Friday to pick up our daughter. The weather was good and the traffic not too heavy.  Saturday, the three of us spent the day cutting up the still wet rugs in the basement and putting them out for the garbage.

By now everyone has heard about the devastating earthquake in Japan...Makes the water we got very insignificant. My heart and prayers go out to all who have been affected by this terrible tragedy.

I wear many hats, and the priority this week is my Mom hat!  I will be spending most of my time with my girl and maybe a little crafting if I get a chance. I hope to return later in the week to show my new ACEO--a tribute piece to the Wizard of Oz movie. Above is my second aqua butterfly sun catcher... I think the next one will be red! Any other color suggestions? I've also done flamingo, puffin, seahorse, & white buffalo--what else would you like to see as a sun catcher?

Have a happy creative week.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Purple and green - together or separately. Mmm the Wizard of Oz - can't wait to see...

Have a good week Mom.

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

have a great time with your daughter! the blue butterfly is great. blue is my fav color. purple too.

Purple Pony Art said...

I naturally must suggest purple too! But red sounds pretty cool!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Debbie, I'm glad the trip was safe to pick up your daughter! The sun catcher is beautiful! How about a yellow and orange one? And, I think a lady bug would be a cute sun catcher ;o) Can't wait to see your aceo for the Wizard of Oz! My prayers are with the people of Japan too!

Lynn said...

What about a crystal one? Maybe with the AB finish - that would create some nice flash!!

Enjoy your time with your daughter -

Mumsy, Chancy and Co. said...

Enjoy your time with your daughter. Nice sun catcher. Hugs

angelself said...

This is a gorgeous butterfly, Debbie! I love all the different sizes of beads you used. I think a purple hummingbird suncatcher would be very pretty, too =) Kathryn

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions--I didn't think of combining more than one color on a single butterfly! Crystal sounds classy, too!

There may be a hummingbird & ladybug in the works soon, too :)

You guy rock! Thanks!

art2cee2 said...

What a wonderful sun catcher. Enjoy your time crafting with your daughter. Prayers for those in Japan!

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh, I can't wait to see them Debbie!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh, I really love that butterfly suncatcher! SOOOO pretty! Enjoy wearing your mom hat and spending quality time with the daughter. :) Theresa

Deb said...

enjoy your mother daughter time...