Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursdays, too

We are in for another round of heavy rains later today, tonight and into tomorrow morning. The totals from the last storm were just about 4" and they are predicting near that again. We tried to buy a second sump pump, but all the local home centers are out of them--not that we could have put it in before today anyway. We did get a second utility pump that will help if the garage floods. Tomorrow, we (or I) pick up our daughter at College for Spring Break. If the water is coming in again, my husband will stay home to try to keep ahead of it. I can always go Saturday again, but as you may guess, I don't want to wait.

Needless to say I have not been getting any crafting done. I did manage to finish crocheting a baby blanket for a shower (bad pun...why are they called showers anyway?) I am going to in April.

I will wish you all a happy creative weekend. If you are experiencing the wrath of Mother Nature, too, then please stay safe!

9 comments:

art2cee2 said...

Its raining in Va. too, but we are bit luckier that we live on a hill and there is no flooding. Hope that the rain doesn't give you too much trouble. Love your baby blanket. I always make them too for showers. I made three last year, must have been a bumper year for babies. Anyway, maybe they are called showers because the recipient is showered with gifts? Have a good day. :-)

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

hope you are able to stay dry and warm. enjoy your visit with your daughter. pretty blanket!

Beadwright said...

We share the rain. It never seems to stop here in OR. Our house is dry though. So sorry you guys are having this trouble. Good questions why are baby parties called "showers"

Have fun with your daughter. She will make the time happy for you.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kristen said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with the water. I am very fortunate to live on a hill so we don't flood but because of all this water I have to conserve as to not overload the septic. That is my rain problem. Go pick up the girl I know you miss her!

Flowermouse Design said...

Oh no - I hope everything will work out with all that rain, Debbie. What a beautiful blanket - seems like a lot of work!! Enjoy your weekend with your daughter!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful blanket Debbie! And, it's true, why are they called showers?? I hope you have a safe drive to pick up your daughter and I really truly hope, no water gets in your basement! We've been lucky here! Touch wood! LOL! Take Care!

Deb said...

hope the rain leaves you soon...enjoy your daughter....

angelself said...

I just love your baby blanket...gorgeous! I'm a crocheter, too =) Its also raining here in Florida today . Kathryn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

The baby blanket is lovely! Hope you didn't get a lot of rain. We didn't at all. I was prepared this morning! LOL The sun even came out this afternoon - hurray! Theresa