Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Oz ACEO

I managed to finish my Oz ACEO. It is another in my series of Moose on Parade--this one, "Tin Moose".

As a kid, we watched The Wizard of Oz every year on TV. The Tin Man, played by Jack Haley,  was always my favorite character. He had spunk and spirit and for me, lots of heart. I was always in awe of the idea of a man made out of tin...much as I was fascinated by the robots in the early Sci-fi shows--but that's another story! I loved the Tin Man so much that one year I actually created a costume with gray face paint, oak tag, and lots of foil.

My art card shows Tin Moose on the yellow brick road on his way to Oz. I used a slightly dark and obviously highly reflective paper for his funnel hat--in person, it is solid dark gray. You will notice that his little door is open so you can see his heart; because after all, he always had a heart. So, what did the Wizard of Oz say to the Tin Man? Loosely paraphrased...

"that a heart will never be practical until it is made unbreakable. A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others." Words never more true than that!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy your corned beef & cabbage if that is your tradition.



7 comments:

Lori said...

Love that Moose-- The tin man was always my favorite. Your moose is perfect!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks, Lori!

Magic Love Crow said...

He's sooooooooooo cute Debbie ;o) HMmmmmmmmmmm...just thinking ;o) LOL! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too ;o)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Stacy!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

That is so cute!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

He's fabulous, Debbie! Hope you did enjoy your St. Patrick's Day! Theresa

Sunshineshelle said...

Debbie, so cool, & why not a moose, just as believable as all the other characters LOL :)