Friday, March 4, 2011

Beautiful Visitors!

 The lake is still totally frozen, but because there are drainage pipes in this location and the water is constantly moving, there is a small patch that stays thawed. A few days ago, I saw two of the swans that normally call our lake home.
 Look at the reflection of the swan on the right. It looks like he is looking at himself!
 Swans are so regal and such strong birds!
 These seagulls were having fun splashing around and taking a bath.  I think they are happy they found a thawed patch, too!
Here is a custom order for a butterfly suncatcher that I just finished up! I design & hand form the frames without the help of jigs, etc. I'm really proud of how this turned out! Hope the customer likes it!

I was given the Awesome Blog Award by Kottage Kreations. I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you might not know.
1)Although the house I am currently living in is the 6th place I've lived, I've only lived in 2 cities my whole life.
2)I have one older sister.
3)My middle name is Jean.
4)I love to travel.
5)My favorite color is purple.
6)I am afraid of basements after dark--can't go there.
7)I love animals.
I'm supposed to pass this on to 15 bloggers, but as is my custom, I will just invite anyone who would like to play along to do so!



Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I'm counting the days...One week from today my girl comes home again for a week!

11 comments:

Mumsy, Chancy and Company said...

Wonderful pictures! Congratulations on the award. Hugs

Lisa Criswell / Indigo's Beads said...

the swans are so beautiful! definitely a regal bird. they look out of place all surrounded by snow. your butterfly is so pretty! you can really get the wings very symmetrical doing the shaping by hand. i'm sure your customer will love it!

Beadwright said...

Hey Deb I love the swan photos. I would like to bead the second photo.
yeah count down for the girls
Nicole/Beadwright

Flowermouse Design said...

Wonderful photos, Debbie. Especially the one with the swan looking at him self!! Swans remind me of the fairytale "The ugly duckling" by Hans Christian Andersen. If you haven´t read it - I recommend it. It´s sooo beautiful. Have a lovely weekend dear Debbie - a big hug from Norway!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you everyone!

Lisa, I hand draw the pattern first & use it as a template when forming the wire.

Nicole, I'll bet it would look great beaded!

Thank you, Lone. I am indeed familiar with "The Ugly Duckling". A wonderful story! Hugs back from the US!

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, I loved the pictures of the swans and the seagulls, what a treat! And, your custom order is beautiful! The customer should be very happy! You are a very talented person! My favorite colour is purple too ;o) Have a good weekend!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you,Stacy! Your kind compliments made my day!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Congrats on your blog award! :) Swans are so elegant, aren't they? I can't wait to go to our local park and see all the swans there. Your butterfly sun catcher is so lovely - I am sure the customer is going to LOVE it! Theresa

Purple Pony Art said...

I am so envious that you have swan visitors! They are so lovely.

art2cee2 said...

Congrats on your award! The photos are wonderful. There is nothing more beautiful than a graceful swan! :-)

Melissa said...

Beautiful photos of the swan...what a pleasure to have them on your lake!!