Friday, February 11, 2011

Woody Woodpecker!

Our daughter shot this amazing photo of a woodpecker who stopped by for a visit back in January! I could actually hear his beak working on a tree down the street, so I called her to get her camera. As luck would have he, he flew away just as she walked into the kitchen. A moment later I heard him in the back yard , and she got this shot just before he flew off again.

Speaking of daughter...she is all better and thanks you all for your get well wishes. Her computer is 90% back to normal. Unfortunately, it restored itself back to August and she lost everything after that. We have not given up, however, and have send her a drive that has a back up of her files from November. Hopefully, that will help.

I have been enjoying visiting blogs on the OWOH list and have found many that I plan to go back and visit again when the event is over. This is such a wonderful event--I know I would not have come across many of these new blogs by just blog hopping.  To see a list of the participants, click here.

Have  a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Beadwright said...

What a great photo. Good medicine too.
Nicole/Beadwright

Mumsy, Chancy and Company said...

That is a great picture looks like a Pileated woodpecker. I think they are amazing birds. We have woodpeckers here in our yard but I have never seen a Pileated in person. Hugs

Magic Love Crow said...

I love the woodpecker!! They are one of my favourite birds, besides, crows ;o) I'm glad your daughter is better and I'm also glad her computer computer is better!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Glad your daughter is feeling better - now just need to get that computer up to speed. What a great photo of the woodpecker. Hope you have a great weekend! Theresa

Kristen said...

So glad she is better! I love the picture!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your daughters computer woes.

That is so hard. Try to have a happy hearts day!