Friday, February 4, 2011

TGIF!

 It was bright & sunny yesterday and there was quite a bit of dripping going on with the icicles...they were beginning to get very pointy....
 and very thick, and probably very dangerous now....so these are the last photos before they came down!
You are probably wondering why the title TGIF? Wednesday & yesterday were such frustrating days...Starting Wednesday when we sent our daughter to Health Services only to find out she has Strep Throat! Thank goodness she has a great roommate who went with her, brought her soup, and later drove her to the Pharmacy to pick up antibiotics.  Then 11:45 pm Wednesday night we get a phone call from her that her computer had a major boot error! Well it should just stay inside then!! (I crack myself up!) Seriously after all day on the phone Thursday, my computer whiz of a husband (I say this sincerely) could not fix it remotely so we had to send her the recovery disks (that we forgot to give her when she went to college). Since I had just finished part of her Valentine's Day surprise...
we packed all her Valentine's Day goodies up in a flat rate priority box along with hot chocolate, goldfish, a new toothbrush, and oh yeah, the disks. It should arrive by Saturday, but we are not sure they receive packages in the dorms on Saturdays. She is not a happy camper to be without her computer especially over the weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone! We will be "hiding out" at our friend's house for a superbowl party. Don't really care about the game, but they make the best snacks!

7 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie! I'm sorry you had such a busy week, but I am glad everything is better! I love Mickey!! So cute! Have fun eating the snacks!!!

jewelstreet said...

Killer icicles! Literally. They look like you could stab someone with those things.

Mickey is so cute, and I hope your daughter is better soon. You can always tell her she must have given her computer strep.

Lori said...

Its not humane to mail goldfish! ( I crack myself up too):) .. I watch the superbowl for the commercials! And of course Superbowl party food is the best! Have fun!!
Lori

Melissa said...

Ugh - not the best week. I hope the weekend remedies it for you.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That is some icicle! Ours aren't THAT big! Yikes! Your goodies for your daughter are looking good - hope she feels better soon. Seems like she's not having a good week at all. Enjoy the party snacks tomorrow! Theresa

Deb said...

you crack me up too...hope she gets all of her goodies and the disks...poor thing...she's sick...and not computer...send her a big Texas HOWDY....

Kristen said...

I love her goodies! Shelby says I should send her jewelry at college (she will only be 40 minutes away) I am sorry I missed this post but I am playing catch up today and glad to see all is well!