Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Playing with color

This is my latest ACEO called, "Floral Fantasy". It was inspired by the sunflowers I planted last year. I wanted it to look muted but still colorful. It is a mix of wax & color pencils--no real technique, just experimenting. I like it...I think!

If you can believe it, the wind is still blowing here, although not quite as bad. I woke up again last night to the sound of the siding vibrating on the house--as long as it doesn't blow it right off!

I hope you are all having a sunny, creative day!

12 comments:

Lori said...

That is gorgeous Deb! Love the colors and it is a breath of Summer! Get this--the sun is shining--but it is snowing also--I'm not sure which is going to win!

art2cee2 said...

Love the colors on this one, beautiful

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie! No wind today! Yeh! Just lots of sun! May I ask, when you said you used wax and color pencils, what do you mean by wax? By the way, I think the aceo is really pretty!! Great job!

Sunshineshelle said...

I LOVE IT... (I don't think it, I know it LOL)... Great Debbie!

angelself said...

Yes, I like it too. Its fun and fresh!
Kathryn

Beadwright said...

Love the card. Yes I can believe it is still blowing there. Ready for this we are suppose to get 3 days of snow and then a feeze. Boo Hoo Hoo
Nicole/Beadwright

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This is really lovely - I think you and I both need a little sunshine and warmth. :) Your ACEO radiates prettiness! Theresa

My Grama's Soul said...

Lovely little piece you are sharing...I, too, have experimented with wax and colored pencils....they are fun to work with.

Xo

Jo

Maggi said...

What beautiful colors! Makes me wish it was Spring already! lol

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I like it too! The colors are great.

Lynn said...

Love the magenta bloom!

Good luck with the wind-not my favorite weather event, that's for sure......

Melissa said...

I love the colors!! Absolutely gorgeous!!