Thursday, January 20, 2011

Watch out above!

 Not too much going on around here. I thought I would show off the mega icicles hanging from the back side of our house.  They are actually about half the size they originally were. The rain and slightly warmer temperatures have melted them some.
                                
I still would not want to be under them as they are pretty sharp. Three to six more inches coming tonight into tomorrow. I admit I'm getting a little tired of this weather. Yesterday, I ordered a bunch of travel brochures. Maybe for a little artistic inspiration or a summer vacation to look forward to!

Hope you are having a great day!                      

12 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Wow, those are sharp! It is snowing here too and I am so ready for it to stop and be spring already. I don't want the hot, hot temperatures. A cool constant 70 degrees would be great! Have fun looking at the travel brochures!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks Beth! I'm ready for Spring, too!

Susan said...

I know they are outrageous! We have some that have reached 4' and longer, hubby breaks what he can and sometimes my son shoots them down with his air-soft gun.

those things have been known to kill people!

Keep warm and create!
Happy New year!
Susan

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for stopping by Susan! For now I've left them along since they are on the back side of the house where no one walks! Happy creating!

Lori said...

I am sure this is not what you want to hear but...They are kind of pretty...LOL! It is cold and snowy here again also..Travel brochures sound inspiring!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I do see their beauty, but I guess I am just getting cabin fever here.

Stay warm and safe!

Purple Pony Art said...

I'm ready for spring too! Those icicles are something else - it's not that cold here I guess! May you find warmth in something soon :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Cool pictures Debbie!! I usually break ours, because they can be dangerous. Sorry, I am one of the few, that enjoy this weather ;o)

Deb said...

I'm not going to complain about our weather...you have had so much cold....hope the travel brochures inspire you...

Maggi said...

Those are some mega icicles indeed! Wow!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

So pretty but deadly. I very carefully avoided the ones around our house! LOL I'm really not sure where we're going to shovel 3 to 6 inches of additional snow! Yowza!!! This is the never-ending winter! Theresa

Kristen said...

OOOHHHH those are gorgeous and I am sure that they sparkle when the sun shines too! Just say back I wouldn't want any of your sweetness to get hurt by any of them.

Hugs