Friday, January 28, 2011

My how they've grown!

We got another 12" of snow Wednesday night! When my husband snowplows one lane in our driveway-just enough room to get the car out of the garage--it looks like he is parting the "white sea"! As you can see, our icicles on the back of our house have grown, too. Look at the monster below!
This on is by far the biggest & longest. It has attached itself to the one next to it, and the longest point measures 4 feet 2 inches (about 127 cm)! In a day or two it will probably be below the window level! These icicles are on the back of the house where no one walks this time of year, but the ones on the front of the house? As soon as they start to melt--they are coming Down!

Don't forget to stop back on Sunday, Jan. 30 when One World One Heart starts. If you are not familiar with this worldwide blogging event, click the link in my sidebar to read about it. Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Deb said...

I wish I could send you some of our Texas sun today....

Lori said...

Wow--They are getting big aren't they. I hope it warms up for you soon...

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie, I should take some pictures of my icicles, so we can compare ;o) LOL!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Snow flurries again today! Don't think it is going to warm up anytime soon!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL Stacy--we should have a contest to see who has the biggest icicles!

Kristen said...

I do wish there was a relief to all the snow coming your way but it seems like this is your year for it!

Melissa said...

Icicles are so pretty. One year I spent an absurd amount of time photographing drops falling of of them.

They are dangerous too. One year, I forgot to duck and knocked a big one down and it grazed my side.

jewelstreet said...

Those are some seriously long icies! That was my house last year. Thankfully, we haven't gotten a lot this year. Spring will be here soon we can only hope.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Melissa I bet those photos are beautiful! Like I said in the front, I plan to knock them down--too dangerous!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Aimee, we've been known to have snow right through April--lets hope it's not one of "those years"!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Yikes! You've got some serious icicles, too. I steer clear of them, as my hubby has told tales of death and mayhem from icicles. LOL I'll be back to see you on Sunday!!! Theresa

Beadwright said...

I complain about the grey rain and wind at my place, but I will take it over the snow and ice anyday.
Yes OWOH I am ready
Nicole/Beadwright

Lynn said...

Ok, so I'm weird. I like icicles. The bigger the better - of course only if they aren't hanging above the doorway lol

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my goodness your icicles are amazing!

Dawn said...

Killer icicles, reminded me of the Lovely Bones