Friday, January 7, 2011

It's Snowing...again.

It's been snowing all day here, well on the way to the 5-8" promised. Although it looks pretty, I am becoming less enthused with the snow as the day to drive my daughter back to college gets closer. I still have another week.

Yesterday, I started taking down the Christmas decorations and I finished up today doing the tree and putting everything away. I tried doing some needlefelting today--I'll spare you what my fingers look like! I finally came up with cutting off the finger of a leather glove to use after I had pricked, stabbed & punctured my finger three times. At least the sharp needle doesn't penetrate the leather as easily! After awhile, when my finger was too sore to continue, I switched to quilling...paper doesn't hurt you, LOL! I completed and listed in my Etsy shop the above set for Valentine's Day!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone....Stay safe & warm!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

We've got snow today too but not so heavy as it is very cold.

Are you telling me that you've never had a paper cut?

Lori said...

I love these. Perfect for Valentines. I haven't tried needle felting.. It sounds painful!!! LOL!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie, your poor little fingers!!! Your flowers are beautiful!

Deb said...

stay warm...enjoy your daughter...

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL, Melissa...Yes, but not in years, and I don't remember them hurting this much!

Thanks, Stacy, Lori & Deb!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

We ended up with 10 inches of snow! We also took down our Christmas decorations. A little sad but the snow kept things looking festive. I do look forward to some springtime flowers - these here will do the trick for now! Very pretty! Theresa