Monday, January 24, 2011

Dear Mother Nature,

Did you have to make it go down to the minus digits again last night? And, did you have to make our pipes freeze for the second time? Really?

I guess we are thankful though that nothing burst. I'm sitting here with the faucet in the bath open waiting for the water to start flowing again so I can take a shower.  I just started hearing sounds...but no water...and now the sound stopped! :(  Fun times.

Awhile back, Lynn from BeadingHeartArt did a tutorial on a certain kind of raised beadwork technique. I recently showed her the piece I made & she encouraged me to go ahead & put it on my blog. Without further ado:




Now it may be hard to tell...but it is a butterfly.  I can see where you might think it is an airplane, but see those curly things at the top? No, they are not headlights, they are antennae! It's a butterfly.  She did a great job on the tutorial & I wanted her to know that I appreciated her time, effort, and generosity!  My daughter really liked this, so I have since added a bead hanger & turned it into a Christmas ornament.  It has secretly gone into her box of ornaments that I have been making & adding to every year!   

10 comments:

Beadwright said...

Sorry about the pipes. Hope you got your shower. I knew right off it was a butterfly LOL
Have a grea day
Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The water just this moment came back on...you must be good luck!

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

That sucks about the pipes - but you are right, at least they didn't burst. I am so ready for spring. I also knew it was a butterfly before I scrolled down further and saw the caption :) That is so cool about the box of ornaments for your daughter, she will treasure those! Have a great Monday and I hope your pipes unfreeze soon!
Beth

Lori said...

It looks like a Butterfly to me! Very pretty. Glad the pipes Thawed out okay- Been there too many times myself!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie, I hope the water is flowing!!! And, I think that's beautiful, the box of ornaments you have for your daughter!! I hope she doesn't read your blog!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks everyone! The water is thawed out again!

LOL, I don't think she reads my blog!

Deb said...

what a nice gift for you daughter...I wish I could send you some warmer weather...I need to stop complaining about ours...

Melissa said...

Gotta love this weather. Glad to hear that the water is moving.

The butterfly is sweet.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I could tell it was a butterfly - and a pretty one at that! So glad the pipes didn't burst. This is definitely the winter that will never end! LOL Take care and keep as warm and cozy as possible...Theresa

Kelly Jeanette said...

Glad your pipes did not bust. Mine did once, but the second time they froze I crawled under the house with a hairdryer to thaw them out. Did not want to go through that again.