Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back To The Living


Happy Tuesday!  Thank you for all the nice comments wishing us a safe trip when we returned our daughter to college. The sun was out, the roads were clear, and being a Sunday we made excellent time both ways. The only thing I did not anticipate was that after having her home for a month, it was hard to say good-bye again. At least I didn't bawl this time. Is it always going to be this hard?
We had another few inches of snow last night and now it is raining which is, of course, producing pesky ice. It is ok though because we are home safe & don't have to go out! I started on a pink rose arrangement which I can hopefully show you later in the week. Here is a heart grapevine wreath with french beaded Trillium flowers that I just listed...
  Very subdued colors of opaque white, sea shell pink & ruby--very romantic!

Hope you are safe & warm wherever you are!
                                      

13 comments:

Kristen said...

I am sorry I missed wishing you a safe trip. I hope it won't always be that hard because I have to do this in the fall. OMG that is this year!

Lori said...

Yikes--Me thinks it will always be that hard...Wait till she is leaving for her home with grand babies too...That's what gets me now. Saying bye to those babies is just as bad!
The trillium wreath is beautiful. I love the grapevine wreath.
We are supposed to get some snow today too..After 3 days of near 50 degrees...Got spoiled. Now I don't want anymore snow or cold.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks, Kristen...It is amazing how really fast the year goes, too. I can't believe this is her 2nd semester already & she finishes in mid May!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Lori, I fear you are right! Remember how I said it doesn't rain much here in the winter...well, today, tomorrow & possible Thursday are all calling for rain. I know how you feel once it warms up, I want that weather to stay, too!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

That wreath is SO gorgeous! What a great job you did!!! I'm very happy you had a safe trip. We are still under 32 degrees and everything here is frozen. Plus, we learned we are expecting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of fresh snow on Friday. Where on earth are we going to put it all??? Have a happy week! Theresa

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much Theresa! I would love to take some of your snow, but we have enough of our own! We're at 38 degrees right now--it's raining plus I see the icicles hanging from the roof are melting! 40% chance of snow on Friday but no totals yet. Stay safe!

Beadwright said...

Now I am not into wreaths at all. However this is awesome!!!! I really like this alot. Beautiful.
Nicole/Beadwright

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, very pretty wreath and I like the colours! Glad the drive was safe with your daughter ;o)

Flowermouse Design said...

It is always so nice to read your blog and about the love to your daughter. She´s a really lucky girl!!! And I love your bead work - what a wonderful photo!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much Stacy!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Lone, thank you for your sweet comments! It means a lot to me!

Sunshineshelle said...

This is such a beautiful piece, I don't think saying goodbye is easy unless you don't like the person (no I promise I won't mention inlaws LOL)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks, Shelle! Inlaws were never a problem for me either. My FIL & I adored each other.