Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter's Coming!

There is no better time to enjoy this delicious chili then on a cold night. It is super easy! I think the original recipe came out of a magazine a long time ago. Enjoy!


Turkey & Black Bean Chili

1 pound ground turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 shredded carot
1 fresh hot green chili pepper (such as jalapeno) seeded and minced
(We leave this out--we like to add our own hot sauce later)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (we add lots more!)
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
2 16 oz. cans black beans, drained & rinsed

In a dutch oven over medium heat, cook the turkey, onion, celery , carrot, chili pepper if using & garlic, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. About 6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain off any liquid. Add chili powder, cumin, and salt. Cook & stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes & beans & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 45 minutes-1 hour, stirring occasionally until flavors have blended.

I'm off to a craft show all day tomorrow and half of my inventory went to Conneticut for a Friday night, Saturday & Sunday show. Needless to say this is my biggest weekend! 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish my family like chili more. I would make it more often. YUM!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy Chili!!! I love Chili!! Good luck on the craft show!!!!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Melissa & Stacy!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Chili is just perfect for cold weather. Thanks for the recipe. Good luck on sales this weekend! I hope you do well! Theresa :)

Lori said...

One of my personal favorites. When my kids still lived at home it was "Saturday Crock pot" Chili was a Favorite. Toss it together in the morning- Let it cook all day while you go out and play. Come home to a Big Ol crock Of chili..Good times!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am rooting around and dancing a jig because I have all of the ingrediants on hand. Thanks! :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You're welcome, Laura! Enjoy!