Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

 Well, this week is turning out way busier than I had planned. Our guest list is up to 9, so we are an even dozen at our house for Christmas Day! Christmas Eve will be spent at our house with my Dad. We will go to Church at 5 pm and then come home and cook & eat all the yummy fish dishes that is the tradition at our house. Above you can see our tree this year...sorry I cut off the angel's head in the photo! Below are a few of our special ornaments.
 This is the first ornament my husband & I purchased together when we first were married. It always goes front and center on our tree!
This ornament is over 50 years old! It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. Every year that it makes it back onto the tree without breaking is a gift!
Here's a little reindeer corner.
 Some of our Santas. Notice the Elvis Santa with the sunglasses! Cowboy Santa, of course! Big Santa holding the burlap bag is about 18 years old....I made him out of a log and wood pieces!
Another oldie! Can you tell what he is made of ? If you guessed oatmeal boxes, paper towel rolls, gift wrap rolls and styrofoam...you're right!

Best wishes to all for a very Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful Decorations Debbie. I love the older ornaments that I have too. It looks very much like Christmas at your house! Merry Christmas!

Lori said...

Beautiful Decorations Debbie. I love the older ornaments that I have too. It looks very much like Christmas at your house! Merry Christmas!

Deb said...

looks very christmasy....love the soldier....may have to try that next year..

Magic Love Crow said...

Merry Christmas Debbie!!! Great post!! Thanks for sharing everything! I loved it all!! Happy Eating ;o)) HOHOHO ;o)

she dreams big! said...

OMgosh! I think my mom made one of those little soldiers. I wonder whatever happened to him. Thanks for the memory!

Your home is just wonderful and I can tell you decorated with love!

Merry Christmas, my friend! I'm wishing you nothing but good things for the season!

~~Connie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Just beautiful! May you create many wonderful memories this holiday season.

Christmas blessings to you!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Thanks for sharing your ornaments - I love that fox! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! Theresa