Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Monday!

 Sorry, I missed posting on Friday...I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! On Thursday, we picked up our daughter from school--she is so happy to be home for about a month. Last night at dinner she told me that even the things that I cook that she isn't that fond of, taste great! That was a big compliment! We've hugged, laughed, talked a lot, laughed some more and started our Christmas baking together. She has grown up so much since she started College in September...and my heart is warm because she has grown up, but not grown "away"! If possible, we are all closer!
Last night we watched our favorite Christmas season movie, "It's a Wonderful Life!". We can recite a lot of the parts because we know it so well! 

The photos are of the last two custom orders, completed and ready to mail! Now I will focus more on our home and family...I will be back soon to share some photos of our decorations!

9 comments:

Katherine ( Katie) Corrigan said...

Enjoy your holiday. Hugs! P.S. last day to enter the giveaway today

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Christmas begins when the kids are home! Enjoy!

Kristen said...

Oh this will be my daughter and me next year so I hope for the same! Thank you for sharing that! Your pieces are gorgeous!

Lori said...

That is so awesome. I'm glad you have your daughter to make these special memories with. I have sons-- Wouldn't trade them for anything in the world but You make me want a Daughter! May you have a blessed Holiday!

Deb said...

so glad she made it home...Let the celebrating begin...Merry Christmas...

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie, enjoy your daughter being home ;o) The custom orders you just did, are beautiful! It's A Wonderful Life, is my mom and are's favourite show too! "Grandpa says, when a bell rings, an angel gets his wings!" ;o) I hope I got that right! LOL! Take Care! Merry Christmas!!! Have fun baking!

Beadwright said...

Beautiful art as always. I would expect nothing less of you. So glad you have this time to spend with your daughter. Make memories and do exactly what you are doing love and laugh.
Happy holiday to you dear friend.
Nicole/Beadwright

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Enjoy this month with your daughter - sounds like you are having fun already! We usually watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. Every time, I tear up at the end. :) Thanks for sharing those beautiful custom orders - now you can settle in and relax to enjoy the holiday! :) Theresa

In the Light of the Moon said...

I am so happy for you and enjoying such precious time with your big girl.I just wish time would slow up a bit...but I suppose it makes us appreciate it all the more.Blessings to you,and your family.Merry Christmas!!Cat

Friday Night....Yup.."Its a Wonderful Life"Night!!Making and eating popcorn garland..yes,there is nothing better!!Hugs