Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday and The Aurora Borealis

I love Alaska! I've been there twice, but I have never been fortunate enough to see the Aurora Borealis. When our ACEO group chose the Northern Lights as the next challenge subject, I knew I'd have to jump in early. Try as I might, I could not get a really good photo of the sparkle in this little art card. I used acrylic paint & Pearl Ex powders to add some glitz.

This week just literally flew by for me. Wednesday, I did another 4 hour show at a local business for their employees. I didn't know what to expect (with only about 35 employees), but was happy to have sold an angel & some ornaments.

Now, we start watching the weather for the day we pick up our daughter.  She is done on Thursday, but the dorms don't close until Saturday, so at least we have a little leeway to go a different day if the weather is bad. Going back, the dorms reopen on a Sunday so that's it, no choice!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I hope to get some decorating done this weekend, but will leave decorating the tree for our daughter.

12 comments:

julietk said...

I would love to see the Aurora Borealis too.
Your Art card is lovely :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the card Debbie ;o) Wink ;oD HeHeHeHe ;o))) Congrats on the sales!! Thats excellent!! I hope the weather is great for the drive to pick up your daughter ;o) I will be sending good thoughts ;o)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Juliet & Stacy!

Melissa said...

Even without being able to see the sparkle, it is stunning!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Melissa!

Pat Haight said...

The card is beautiful, you can almost see the movement of the lights. ☺

Lori said...

Wow that is beautiful Debbie! Here in the Pacific Northwest you will see occasional nights where the northern lights are present. A few years back on a hot summer evening we were out on the lake in our boat. We were having such a great time and before we new it it was close to midnight. The Northern lights were dancing in the sky and you could see the reflection in the water of the lake. It was breathtaking and a sight I will never forget. I saw them often as a child but didn't fully appreciate the beauty till I was an adult.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

WOW - You did a great job! I looked at the close-up of the card and you can see a bit of the glitter. But its beautiful nonetheless. You really captured the essence of the aurora borealis wonderfully. Theresa

Deb said...

I know your counting down till time to pick her up...enjoy her winter break...

Beadwright said...

Living in AK for more years than I wanted to be there LOL the AB is one of the most spectacular event Mother Nature has to offer. It is different every time, it sparkles, dances, changes colors, twirls, and bends across the cold dark sky to remind us how magnificent the universe is and how small we really are. Great picture Debbie.
Now head over to my blog. Lisa is hosting the OWOH for 2011. This will be her last year.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I can't thank you all enough for your kind comments--they mean so much to me!

angelself said...

A wonderful little ACEO...just dazzling! =)
Kathryn