Monday, January 10, 2011

Boob post revisited...and a big reveal!

Do you remember this post? How could you forget? It is being revisited for a special reason.  After reading all the comments (both agreeing & disagreeing) I came upon Nicole's comment, and we decided it would be fun to each take a boob, er one of the polymer clay pieces and challenge ourselves to see what we could make. So I mailed one to her, and we have now both completed our pieces. Today is the great unveiling ...Oh, yeah, we have not seen each other's pieces either. Sure to be fun! Here is the original post:
 I was playing with my polymer clay & made a spiral bead which I got the bright idea to cut in half and see if I could use it as a cabochon & bead around it. After cuting it in half and looking at them both together...well, do you see it? Do they look like a certain female body part to you? Or is my mind in the gutter?
Is it my color selection? I don't think these are going to make it into any project anytime soon! Maybe if I use the two of them, I can make an art doll of some sort. I think I will put them in my "didn't come out quite like I planned" drawer!

And now for the big reveal.....
I decided to make a brooch and added another "unknown" stone.
Thanks to Nicole's excellent instructions in a bead kit she gifted me, I was able to complete the back without any stitches showing!
I am rather pleased with it...What do you think?
Nicole & I have talked about what to do, and I am going to join her in offering my piece in a silent auction format. All proceeds will go to breast cancer research. If you are interested, just send me an email--highest bidder wins!

Now go see Nicole's piece!

25 comments:

Regina said...

LOL..I so would not have thought that until YOU said something Debbie.

I think with your beadwork around them they will be lovely. All I SAW was a beautiful spiral of colors.

Hugs,
Regi

Kristen said...

Yep your mind is in the gutter! I think they are beautiful and you should use them. Hey go female parts!
LOL

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Ok, so it's me, huh? After the holidays I will bead one of these up and see how it looks.

mentalmulch said...

Didn't think that until I read it and with some of your lovely beadwork magic they will be good to go. I do love the swirly colors. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL!!!! I am still laughing!! Yes, they do look like female parts, but the colours are beautiful, I would bead them! You are too cute Debbie!!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you! At least one person agrees with me!

Beadwright said...

OK gutter brain!!! My mind did not go there even after I read it. OMG I see so many things to do with these. Don't let them sit too long. Or just send them to me. LOL
You are so funny Debbie.

Nicole/Beadwright

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Alright, now that I have heard from Nicole who I will affectionately call "Queen Beader", I think it must be me. Maybe after the holidays, I will send her one & we will have a challenge to see what we come up with!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Ok, first let me say that your angel is just beautiful. Second I always look at the pics before reading and thought to myself "Does she know what this looks like?" Hee hee.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I think its lovely. The colors remind me of sand. Get that mind out of the gutter...LOL Theresa

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Laura! See guys, I knew it wasn't just me. Now the challenge will be to bead it and not make it look like one of those things!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks Theresa!

Lori said...

LOL! You are so funny! I didn't see it till you said something..then of course I saw it. BUT... I think they are gorgeous and will look fantastic beaded. (.) (.)

Melissa said...

I think it is mostly you. I like them.

Kottage Kreations said...

I still can't stop laughing! I love it either way too. Bead or not, they are gorgeous. I kinda like the challenge idea as well. You guys are all too funny. You made my evening all to good!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks Kottage Kreations! Beadwright & I are stepping up to the challenge to make something with these so stay tuned!

Lori said...

Beautiful Debbie. Love the colors and style! Very unique!

Beadwright said...

Wow Debbie!!!!!! This is excellent!!! I love it. I didn't even thing to add another stone to mine. That is what I love about beading. Give two people a focal bead and see what happens. It's magic.
Thanks so much for sharing this with me.
Nicole/Beadwright

Kokopelli said...

Yes, same bead, but two totally different pieces! I love the edge on the boob errr the pc cab. Beautiful!

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Love it! The colors are fantastic and I love how you made the boob, err clay piece, into a brooch. If you make more please let me know, I have a perfect idea in mind now :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for all the nice comments on the finished boob, err brooch--See, I can't help myself either!!!

Deb said...

you did a great job on the boob...I mean brooch...LOL...

Deb said...

LOL...I always go back and read the comments after I post mine...so funny how alot of us think alike...

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You guys are too funny!

Lynn said...

Now that's what I call a successful boob job.

Gutter-minded Girls Unite!!!