Saturday, October 16, 2010

A pendant for me!


A short time ago, I was lucky enough to be the 700th sale at Beadwright's Etsy Store. She promised her 700th customer something extra special. Knowing Nicole from past purchases and now as a cyber friend, I knew I was going to be very happy with my surprise, and I was right! She gifted me with one of her lovely (and well put together I might add) kits to make a beaded brooch! Inside was just about everything you need to create a beautiful piece of jewelry, including a gorgeous glass cabochon make by Lori of Out of the Flames. The instruction were well written and illustrated and the supplies included were very generous. I do have a little experience beading--but I learned a few techniques I did not know, and I believe this could be done by a beginner.

Without further ado, here is my finished piece:

Now I did take a bit of artistic license & I turned it into a pendant. I plan to wear it to a family function at the end of this month. I know it will be oohed and ahhed over, but I am not giving it up!

7 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Oh, congratulations! You turned the kit into a lovely pendant. :) Hurray for you! :) The colors are really striking. Enjoy! Theresa

mentalmulch said...

You got that right with the pendant being oohed and ahhed over...it's gorgeous! Love the colors!
And congratulations!
Cheers,
Roxanne

Lori said...

Beautiful Debbie, Gorgeous colors!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful Debbie!! I love the colours!! Great job!! You've won alot this year ;o)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Yes, Stacy, I have been very lucky this year; however, this was for being Nicole's 700th sale--not really a contest!

Kristen said...

Oh wow you did so well on that piece! I love it! Thanks for following me and I am also following you now too!

Hugs

Beadwright said...

Hey Sorry this took so long. I am so proud of you as well. The kits are a learing tool to use my layered flatwork, then making it your own and you did!!!
Thanks so much
Nicole/Beadwright