Friday, October 29, 2010

I haven't really titled this one yet, but this is my latest oil painting. It is much brighter in person! Oil on Masonite board.
This week really flew by for me. I did get a lot of crafting done--I have my first craft show on November 6. I still have to make up some jewelry. What I showed previously, I plan to sent to the show in Connecticut.
This weekend is Parent's Weekend at our daughters college so, or course, I made her a little decoration. It's baking right now, so I'll show it to you next time. This past Tuesday was her 18th birthday, so after art class tomorrow, I will bake some birthday/Halloween cupcakes to take up with us. She already got her present in the mail at school--a Pentax SLR camera plus a kit with lenses, filters, tripods, etc. . . Aren't we great parents? I also have a small surprise for her just so she has something to unwrap!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. The weather forecast is for beautiful, seasonal weather, sunny and in the 50s. Maybe I'll take my camera along, too!

Last weekend for my free shipping sale!

6 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful work Debbie, Its been raining here for days so that Tropical Piece looks fabulous to me!
And what a Nice gift...Pentax are a great camera!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you,Lori. Oil painting is something I do for me...purely for fun. Sometimes, the subjects do become ACEOs so it is often great inspiration.

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie, great job on the painting!! I would call it, "The Dream" ;o) Congrats on your first craft show! Should be fun! I would like to do one, maybe next year! I think you guys are fantastic parents!!! Great birthday gift and those cupcakes are making me hungry already!! Have a great weekend Debbie ;o)

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Your oil painting looks so warm and inviting. Nice work! Happy belated birthday to your daughter - I hope she had a great day. Glad you'll be able to spend some time with her this weekend. Theresa

Flowermouse Design said...

This painting is so wonderful. I just want to move into that world!! This is like feeling the first warm sun beams in spring!!! I hope you´ll have a wonderful trip. Your daughter must be the luckiest girl in the world!!!! You are so kind, Debbie. Big hugs!!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you for the sweet comments everyone--Oil painting is really relaxing to me and I don't feel pressured to make it look "perfect".