Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Yard Sale Find

This is the only photo I took of my flea market finds. I picked these cabs out of a tin can for $1 each. I think the middle one on the bottom is jasper & the two green ones are tourquoise. I really liked the shape of the bottom right one & the matrix. I'm unsure what the other two are--any rock hounds out there? If you know, just shout it out! I also picked up some leather scraps--at 25 cents a bagful, I grabbed 4 of them.

I also bought a few books: One on Elvis (Duh!), a novel by Chuck Palahniuk for my daughter, a drawing book for me, and a book on researching your ancestors in Ireland, Scotland, & Wales. The latter I picked up for my friend who just got back from Ireland & is very into researching her family history.

That was about it. I had to hurry a bit to make it home to see our friends who stopped by before returning to North Carolina. I came away happy with my finds and with the hunt....Half the fun for me is in the hunt!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Awesome finds Debbie! Love the Cabs. It looks like (on my PC) that the dark one is Blue? Maybe its Lapis Lazuli? The bottom white looks like Jasper...The brown looks like an agate...Is it a Bit translucent? Fire mountain has a stone chart.... http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H202040TL

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Debbie, Great finds!!! I love the cabs!! I agree with Lori, I think the blue one is lapis.

missficklemedia.com said...

What great finds! What are you gonna do with the leather?

Come by and visit my blog for today's post. I think you will be surprised!

mentalmulch said...

Can't tell ya what they are, but whatever they are they are gorgeous! Lovely finds!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for your help in identifying the stones. I believe you are right about the lapis--never gave that a thought. Lori, thanks for the link to the stone chart on FMG. The brown one is translucent.

MissFickleMedia-the leather scraps will be used to back the cabs after I bead them.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Wonderful finds! Those cabs are lovely. :) Theresa

Flowermouse Design said...

Debbie, so fun to see these wonderful rocks. And to read about your finds. I know this hunting feeling. What a joy!!! Hugs from Norway

Melissa said...

No clue but it will be fun to see what you do with them.