Friday, September 10, 2010

WIP Finished!

Are you like me...do you have a lot of works in progress? I have tons of them--a lot of them are just in my head at the moment, but they haunt my thoughts until I create them! This project was not one of my thought ones, but rather one that I had started last year and never got around to finishing.'

This year, maybe because of the extreme hot/humid weather we have been having, or maybe because it was its time, our hydrangea plant/bush whatever you call it--went absolutely wild! I wish I could show you a photo of the 20-30 blue blooms it had, but I accidentally erased the photo! But I can show you what I was inspired to make:

There are over 50 individual 1" diameter florets in white, blue, and lavender. It took a long time to make, but I'm pleased with the result. It is residing in my Etsy shop.

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Fazemos de Conta said...

Wow, it's amazing! I ove the colors and the design.
LĂșcia

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Lucia!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot even fathom the many hours that this took to create. I love the colors that you selected.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Laura. I don't think I want to count the hours, lOl!

In the Light of the Moon said...

Do I have a lot of works in progress?Really?Seriously? Oh Boy do I..hehhehee!
Your Hydrangea creation is stunning!!
Big Hugs,Cat

Deb said...

so pretty...you are so talented...

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL Cat! I'm on a real mission to finish some of mine!

Thanks Deb!

Sheryl Parsons said...

That turned out gorgeous! I too have WIPS all over the place. Time to finish them up. :-0

Lynn said...

I love to be inspired by nature. I've got this rock wall outside my new place and I just really want to draw it. Of course, I CAN'T DRAW, but I still stare at it and study it and think I could....maybe after I finish all my beading and knitting WIPs lol!