Friday, September 3, 2010

I Finished The Quilt!

This is the finished quilt that I made my daughter for her High School Graduation. She loves all things to do with England, so I purchased a pattern on Etsy from JenSport to make a Union Jack Flag. The pdf pattern had great directions, and I did pretty well at getting this intricate pattern right. I decided to machine quilt it with a stipple pattern and actually had a roll of paper that you put on top and sew over the dotted lines. I don't have a professional (good) sewing machine so at times I had trouble keeping the stitches the same length, but it still looks pretty.
My daughter decided she wanted a large border around the quilt, and she chose this blue on white floral print. I used the same fabric for the backing & the binding. The free-form quilting goes almost to the edge. It is nearly the size of a twin bed and should fit her dorm bed perfectly. It is the largest quilt that I have made to date! I want to thank my friend Cathie who gave me some tips on how to cut the edges straight! She has a beautiful Etsy shop. Just click on her name and stop by for a visit-you'll be glad you did!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Wish us luck with the move-in and few tears. She's not only my baby, she's our one and only...life is going to be different.

7 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

This is for your daughter? No. I don't think so. Surely it is for me. :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL, Laura!

Lori said...

Beautiful Debbie, I'm sure she'll treasure it!

Magic Love Crow said...

Debbie!! This is beautiful!! So much work went into it! I'm sure your daughter will love it forever! I know I would ;o) I hope the weekend went well ;o) Not to many tears;o)

Deb said...

beautiful quilt....

Melissa said...

Great job. I bet it will look awesome in her dorm room. I hope she appreciates Mom!!

Lynn said...

This quilt ROCKS! I love it!!! I was also obsessed with England when I was in high school and even painted a pair of jeans with a union jack going down the one leg and God Save the Queen going down the other!