Tuesday, September 7, 2010

All Moved In

This is pretty much the view that my daughter has out of her 8th floor dorm room picture window! The tall building on the left in the background is the library which has 26 floors! We went to the 23rd floor & the view from all sides is amazing!

We got her all moved in and I have to say it was "almost" a pleasure! I had heard so many horror stories from friends about move-in day that we tried to prepare ourselves for the worst and a long wait. Her building has about 22 floors and out of the 4 elevators, only one stops on her floor. Well, we pulled right up...unloaded the car, and while I went to park the car, Mr. Moose watched the stuff while C went to stand on line for her key. Shortly after I came back she had her key & we were on the line for the elevator. It moved pretty fast & all in all it was only about an hour or so before we were in her room unpacking!

We spent most of the day with her helping set up the room and enjoying lunch in the dining hall right outside her dorm, reputed to be the best on campus. It almost rivals the buffets on the cruise ships we've been on. You'd be hard-pressed to not find something you like. I had grilled chicken on a bun, a few fries, & a salad from a huge salad bar. Mr. Moose & C had stir fry made to order.

Her room is spacious and her roommate whom she has been chatting with online for a few months is a sweet girl. We also met a girl from down the hall that C met at orientation last June, and she & C get along great, too!

It was hard to leave her, of course, but I am excited for her & happy that all seems well. For me, it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Hope you had a Happy Labor Day!

8 comments:

Deb said...

so glad everything went well....

Lori said...

Sounds like it was easy. Glad it went well. I didn't mind mine moving out so much as they were close by still. But-- it took some time to get used to all the quiet....

Magic Love Crow said...

Hi Deb, I am so happy it went well! And, it looks like your daughter is at a beautiful school! Take Care ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

One more thing, the food sounded yummy!!! LOL!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I'm happy your daughter is all moved in. Looks like a wonderful setting and great dorm. I'm sure everything will work out perfectly for all of you - once you both get acclimated! Theresa

mentalmulch said...

Glad to hear that all went well with your daughter moving into her dorm. The view is amazing! Hope you are adjusting ok. :)
Cheers,
Roxanne
P.S. I'm with Magic Love Crow with the food...yummy!

Melissa said...

What an amazing view from a dorm room window. Glad the move went smoothly.

Lynn said...

Wow. What a day. I'm exhausted just reading about it! I can't imagine pulling away and going home to an empty house. Definitely an adjustment....