Friday, August 13, 2010

Where did the week go?

Phew! I'm exhausted! I never realized what goes into sending a child off to college! I commuted to college as did my husband who actually picked his college so his parents would have to buy him a car. Sneaky kid!

I knew she needed special size bedding, storage bins, & the everyday toiletries, But really, I had no idea of all the little things she would need. Yesterday, we left the house at 10 am & didn't get home until nearly 9 pm! It wasn't our first day at this either. We are still not done! The biggest problem is a laptop bag which she insists cannot look dorky or like a man's bag or like an old lady bag, or "insert any phrase here" --don't laugh, wait, go ahead & laugh, I did! She insists it can't ruin her outfit. I think she is getting nervous because she is really not this neurotic, I swear!

So, what am I getting at here? I haven't had much time to blog, therefore, haven't had time to take you to the next stop on our vacation which I promise will be on Monday. There, I said it...now I have to do it.

I do have some pretty rose corsages to share that are a custom order for a wedding.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Those roses are gorgeous - looks like it will be a elegant wedding.

She will get there and life will go on and everything changes.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I am sure your daughter will be quite fine - although it is an adjustment. She'll have a lot of fun, I'm sure.
The roses are gorgeous - quite striking. Have a wonderful weekend! Theresa

Lori said...

Beautiful Roses. Try a "messenger" bag as a computer tote... They seem to be the rage. The college kids here are all carrying them.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Lori! We plan to hit the stores starting Monday again!

Beadwright said...

Those flowers are simply gorgeous!!!! No they are stunning!!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Deb said...

my oldest niece starts college this week...they have been quite busy getting her settled in...I'm glad my daughter is going to a Jr. college...and living at home...

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments and support. It means the world to me.

Magic Love Crow said...

You've been busy Debbie!!
The roses are beautiful! Great job!
Take Care ;o))