Monday, August 9, 2010

Vacation Dreams-Myconos, Greece


Next stop...the Greek Island of Myconos! This is one of the windiest places I have ever visited! At times you could hardly walk, and you definitely could not wear a hat to shade you from the hot Mediterranean sun.

By day, this is a quiet, beautiful island with white washed buildings & bright blue shutters.

As we walked into the town, our first sight was of a fishing boat with a string of octopi drying in the sun.

The town is a labrinth of twisting, turning, alleys filled with shops & cafes. I must admit I got us pretty lost, but we eventually found our way out. We thought we would be escaping the wind, but it whipped through those alleyways just as strong as out in the open!

Myconos is known for its windmills; 5 of the original 10 remain which have now been turned into apartments.


The water of the Agean Sea was gorgeous shades of blues & greens and so clear! Our daughter & I waded around before we headed back to the ship. We found some neat rocks & beach glass that I'll show you another time.

Stop by again & join me on our next stop.

9 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

When I lived on the island of Crete I always wanted to visit here. I did get to Santorini and loved it.

Thank you for taking me along.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I'm really enjoying seeing all your wonderful vacation photos...that water looks so beautiful and serene. Theresa

Regina said...

Debbie...what a wonderful adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hugs,
Regi

Beadwright said...

Wow I want to go there. Thanks for all the photos. Stop by my blog and see what I have for you.
Nicole/Beadwright

Deb said...

oh so pretty....

Melissa said...

What a splendid trip - you are right the color of the water is amazing.

Magic Love Crow said...

So Beautiful Debbie! Love the pictures!

Denise said...

Wow. these photos are so nice. What a great trip! That water is so pretty and looks so clean. I would love to visit there.

Sheryl Parsons said...

Gorgeous photos! What a wonderful trip.