Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation Dreams-Athens, Greece

As you may have guessed, I was recently on vacation. Every time we go away, I feel like it is the vacation of my dreams--the vacation of a lifetime. I have been blessed with a husband who loves to travel also. If you are a longtime follower of my blog, you may have seen my posts about Southern Europe in 2007 and Northern Europe in 2008. This year the three of us went to Greece, Turkey, Israel & Egypt. I hope you will come along as I relive this vacation of dreams!

We started our 12 day trip in Athens, Greece, arriving after a 9 hour flight. We got over the jet lag much quicker than we did on past trips. Greece, of course, is a very ancient city filled with temples that were monuments to the ancient mythological gods. Perhaps the best known is the Parthenon which was the temple dedicated to the godess Athena. It sits high atop the Acropolis and is visible from almost anywhere in the city!. We visited the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, the Theater of Dionysus, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the Temple of Poseidon. It was interesting & fun to hear the myths/legends associated with these places.
I hope you enjoy this montage that I created of the places we visit in Athens.
Stop by again to hear about our next stop in Istanbul, Turkey.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow! Spectacular. I love the toppled column photo. I don't know why, but I found it fascinating. Thanks for sharing!!