Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One good thing about heat & humidity...

is I am finding lots of time to craft! I feel happy & energized and even got up early this morning to take a 2 1/2 mile walk around the lake. I wish I had brought my camera because I saw a great shot of one of our resident cranes and two beautiful white swans swimming together side by side. Oh well, maybe next time.

So in looking over the orange lilies from yesterday...I decided to add another row of leaves to each stem. They look better to me now--fills out the vase a little more, don't you think?

Now I think they are ready to list for sale.

I've got a good start on my next "inspired by nature" project which will have something to do with Hydrangea. I am not sure if it is because of the hot then cool temperatures we experienced earlier in May & June, but everything is blooming in full force. Our Hydrangea bush has at least 25 blooms & is about 6 feet wide! I can't seem to capture the brilliant blues & purples of this one bush probably because it is in the shade a good part of the day, but I will show it when my project is finished.

Hope you are all keeping cool and having a creative day!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

the heat and humidity leave me feeling limp and lifeless -- sigh. I'm ready for 65 degrees and sunny, thank you very much!

you can bet if you did have your camera with you, you wouldn't have seen the crane or the swans. Isn't that always the way it is?? lol

love the tigerlillies - can't wait to see the hydrangea!

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I like it just as much as before. Can't wait to see what you do with hydrangeas! :) Theresa

Glass of Many Colors said...

Your work is intricately beautiful! Thank you for commenting on our stained glass work on Theresa's Blog (FaeryMoonGoddess) You said you would have liked to see Elvis .....see Elvis here http://twitpic.com/1m5fee There are other pieces we have done there as well but Elvis stands out!
Thank you again for your kind words.
Sincerely,
Art & Beth
Glass of Many Colors Stained Glass
http://glassofmanycolors.etsy.com

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Oh Art & Beth, Thank you for the link! Elvis is gorgeous!