Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ta Da!

I was mesmerized by the Tuscarora beading that Lynn at Beading Heart Art has been showing on her blog. The Tuscarora are part of the Iroquois Nation and live in the Niagara Falls, New York area. I've probably mentioned before that I have always felt some connection to Native Americans despite the fact that I am 100% of Italian descent. Every Tuesday on her Tuscarora Tuesday posts Lynn has been showing some absolutely gorgeous examples of this type of beading. When she decided to take a class and graciously shared a tutorial on this technique, I jumped in and gave it a try.

Now, my butterfly is by no means perfect, but I am quite proud of myself! Go take a look at this shot of Lynn's piece, and you will have a better idea of how it should look! If you love the beading as much as I did--go back and look at all her Tuscarora Tuesday posts-you won't be disappointed!

7 comments:

Bellesanbeaus said...

I have been following it every Tuesday as well and love seeing all her pictures of their work and now hers. Yours is beautiful too! You did an amazing job on your lil butterfly! I have so many irons in the fire right now I simply cannot add one more or it will not be a good thing as Martha says. But I sure have ohhh'ed and ahhh'ed over this beading technique. Have a great day...Beth

Regina said...

Debbie....you did an amazing job on this project. I LOVE it but then I love anything and everything butterfly. ^_^ Thank you for sharing another great artist with us too.

Hugs,
Regi

Magiclovecrow said...

Hey Debbie

I think you did a great job on your butterfly!!! A++++ I think she is really pretty ;o)

Take Care, Stacy

Lynn said...

Debbie!!!!!! Oh it turned out gorgeous! I so wish we could bead together - what fun that would be. You have just made my day. Nothing makes me happier than being of help to someone :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you Everyone! Beth, I know what you mean abut having many irons in the fire. I'm glad things are finally slowing down here so I can get back to beading!

Melissa said...

I think she turned out lovely and just as fine as the inspiration...

Faerie Moon Creations said...

This looks terrific! You did a wonderful job. I love the colors you chose. Have a fabulous holiday weekend! Theresa