Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Heaven in Vienna


Last night my husband & I had the tremendous pleasure of seeing Andre Rieu in concert--no, not in Vienna. We missed the free concert he gave in Vienna, since we were in the Vienna Opera House for a concert/performance. But I digress...

If you are a fan of Classical Music, you already know him. If not, this may just make you a fan. This is a concert of medleys, many of which we heard last night. The 3 tenors were there with their amazing voices as were a number of other talented singers, but the highlight, of course, is what Rieu does with his Stradivarius! I could listen to him play a Strauss Waltz all night! Blue Danube had people dancing in the aisles!

Hope you enjoy this little snippet.

Tomorrow is Graduation Day so I will hope to be back on Friday. If not, I wish you all a great weekend.

5 comments:

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Sounds like you a fantastic time! Good luck with graduation day! Theresa

Deb said...

Have a great graduation day...

sally said...

this is a very interesting site, keep up the good work

LindaGJ said...

Wow what a wonderful experience yall must have had. On this particular video I adore the music and the costumes, dancers, and the singers as well! I just signed up for a season of hearing the Houston Symphony Pops. I know that's not as fabulous as Andre, but it still will be a huge treat! Thank you for sharing! This really puts me in the spirit and I am so looking forward now to going to the classical shows! Bravo!

LindaGJ said...

Wow what a wonderful experience yall must have had. On this particular video I adore the music and the costumes, dancers, and the singers as well! I just signed up for a season of hearing the Houston Symphony Pops. I know that's not as fabulous as Andre, but it still will be a huge treat! Thank you for sharing! This really puts me in the spirit and I am so looking forward now to going to the classical shows! Bravo!