Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Finally Finished-More or Less!

I know you are all dying to know if I met my goal to put the house back together over the weekend. Well, just about! The boxes are all unpacked, the pictures are all back on the walls & the wall unit is filled back up! Here is the master bedroom:

This is my little corner, very bright with 3 windows. I have a new laptop stand and that's an antique leather top claw foot table that was my mother's. Oh, yes, the carpet is the color of red wine!
Here is our daughter's bedroom:

The color is called "Folklore"--It is a medium tone grayish blue. I painted her walls blue.
Here is the Living Room:

The upstairs hall & stairs are the same color which is a golden brown. Not too dark, not too light. It looks a bit similar to what we had but is actually quite a bit darker.
What's left? To put all the closet doors back on...which I want to stain first so they may get done a little later in the summer. Also, they may need to be cut as the living room closet doors do. But I am pleased that it is beginning to look like a house again!

7 comments:

Deb said...

looks good....

Bellesanbeaus said...

your home is so very lovely! Thank you for the tour...now i won't get lost when i come for a visit!!! lol you must be one tired bunny! sending you big hugs beth

Pat Haight said...

OH! I am so in love with your Mother's table!! And the red carpet is almost the same color as my kitchen walls. Love it! Lots of work ☺

jewelstreet said...

You're showing me up, Deb. lol. I wish my home improvement days were coming to an end, but alas... ;)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Don't worry, Aimee--my home improvement days are far from over, too! That's about it for this year, though. Next year it will be the kitchen. Still thinking about refinishing the cabinets myself.

Note to blog friends...feel free to talk me out of this, LOL!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you, Beth! You are welcome to come visit anytime!

Melissa said...

Oh, I would so love new carpets - ours are the same age as our house which is pushing thirty years!!