Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Emerging....

Is it Tuesday already???? The carpet installation took all day Friday, and since then I have been trying to make the house look like a house again! One entire day was spent hooking up the TV, DVD player & Satellite box. We have a surround sound system of five speakers plus six other speakers in the room. The speakers took almost another day to rewire.

Yesterday, I had a "day off" & took my Dad to have a medical test for something incidental they found when he was in the hospital with pneumonia. Thankfully, all is well & nothing else needs to be done.

Today, I've emptied four large trash bags and one box; vacuumed the entire house including the basement so we can begin to put things back there (remember we took the old carpet & laid it in the rooms down in the basement); did 3 loads of laundry, ordered a boutonniere for my daughter's date for the Senior Ball on Thursday, picked up the same daughter at school and am now....

Ready to take a break! I am starting to feel the crabbiness cf not crafting coming on, but I really can't sit and bead when I know all this other stuff needs to be done. Are you like that, too, or are you able to put aside the housework and be creative?

6 comments:

Melissa said...

In answer to your question, yes and no...


But it is worth it (at least I think it would be) to have new carpet!!

Marie S said...

I can so put away house work, so fast it would make your head spin.
I am jealous, I would love to be more like you!!
I am so excited for you, it is probably like having a brand new house!!
YAY!
I think you should take a moment though, you deserve it.
Have a great week.

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I put aside housework MOST of the time when it comes to creative time! LOL If I have to make a choice, making something sure beats vacuuming or dusting! Theresa

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Melissa: Oh yes, it is so worth it to have gotten the new carpet!

Marie: Too funny! I really think it stems from when I was a child & I always had to finish my homework before I could go out and play!

Theresa: I totally agree!

Maybe I should practice being more like you guys, LOL!

Sheryl Parsons said...

Whew, you are busier than I am right now! So are you going to show us your new carpet?
I hope you get to create soon. :-)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I always have to have all my ducks in a row before I allow myself play time. I just hate it. :)