Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How does your garden grow?


Today just flew by! My husband & I started walking outside (as opposed to exercising in the basement)in the mornings. We walk along the lake & do a big loop which is about three miles.

I spent the rest of the morning & part of the afternoon cutting out the pieces for a quilted throw I am making our daughter as a graduation gift. It will be a Union Jack Flag since she adores all things English--music (Arctic Monkeys), soccer (Liverpool) and the country, itself. As soon as it looks like anything I'll show some photos.

I also planted 21 pots of flower seeds as well as a stretch along the driveway. A variety of sunflowers, marigolds, cosmos, asters and some others that I can't think of right now.

Somehow, I still had time to make & list a couple of Daffodils in my Etsy shop!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Regina said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope that you will post some photos of the garden as it grows.

Hugs,
Regi

Deb said...

I love the flowers....

Deb

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I have a pretty black thumb so my garden is a mass of easy growing shrubs. :)

jewelstreet said...

Boy, you were busy! I bet it will be beautiful. I've been planting a lot of bulbs and seeds.

I have not forgotten your marigolds I'm supposed to send you. I'm so bad.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Laura, it remains to be seen just how green my thumb is!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL, Jewel! Years ago, I planted hundreds of bulbs that the squirrels promptly dug up and ate. Not doing that again!

kiwicarole said...

Gosh, how long does it take you to make 1 daffodil? They look beautiful and must take a long time!
I have also planted 1000s of spring bulbs here, I am very pleased we don't have squirrels who will dig them up and eat them!!!
carole :)

Beadwright said...

I love these. I wish I had your energy. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright